“Very good food”

Ranked #1 of 74 Restaurants in Ashtabula
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: We combine a retro style operation with a contemporary atmosphere to provide you with the most authentic southern style BBQ and a fun-filled experience.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

We were driving through and found this restaurant on TA, so we decided to stop. I'm so glad we did. There were so many things on the menu that we wanted to try. We ate some of almost everything by the time we ordered sides with each of our meals.

Our waiter was Jason, and he was very helpful and friendly. Service was quick, but not rushed. The restaurant was pretty busy considering we were there around 1 pm.

The milkshakes were incredible. My boys ordered the peanut butter chocolate milkshakes and could not have been happier.

We started with the nachos topped with chili. Yum! I would definitely order this again. Like I said we ordered almost everything. I will mention the high and lowlights instead of mentioning everything.

Highlights: rack of ribs was the best thing we ordered, the pulled pork came in a close second, the Brunswick stew, the bean salad

Lowlights: the chicken was a little dry

There is a table of other sauces behind the hostess stand. There are little cups to pour it into.

There was a nice selection of beers. They were listed on a board by the windows.

If we are in this area again, I would definitely stop again. I would even stop just to get takeout!

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Pulled pork, beef brisket, chicken... everything was great. They also have a good selection of micro-brews.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We took a trip from Youngstown to Ashtabula County to see all the covered bridges and of course Lake Erie. We decided to have lunch in Ashtabula Harbor, and this restaurant was a great choice. We had two appetizers, the chicken dip and the Mississippi Caviar. The chicken dip needed more chicken and less salad dressing; but the caviar was very good. We shared a 3-meat platter (3 of us) and all of it was great, as were all the different sauces. Loved the maple/mustard one. We had potato salad and macaroni and cheese, both of which were good.

Reviewed July 12, 2012

This place is just what it promises- amazing southern cooking and unique dinner options. The food is overwhelmingly flavorful and fresh- like it’s picked right out of the garden and placed on our plates! The jalapeno cornbread is delicious too.

Our server was friendly, interacted with our son and truly cared what we thought and how we enjoyed everything. The décor of the place is interesting and they always seem busy. I just can’t say enough about the delightful food!!! We had ribs and chili (best I’ve ever had… and it’s my favorite food!!) and vegetable soup. My son (picky eater, as most kids are) had their home made mac & cheese and loved it!

We will definitely be back again and again for great food and an even better local right in the Ashtabula Harbor!

Reviewed July 10, 2012

We recently came down to Briquettes with the whole family on a Friday night for a little late dinner and entertainment. We had heard that you had an Open Mic Night running every Friday and wanted to check it out. You were able to accommodate our large party easily while still getting our food out in a timely manner. The service was great, the atmosphere was festive and people weren't kidding about the caliber of your smoked meats! The local color from musicians and singers playing into the night was a fun addition to our evening. Thanks for showing us a good time! We'll definitely be back again.