“fast becoming a favorite”

Briquettes Smokehouse
Ranked #1 of 70 Restaurants in Ashtabula
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We combine a retro style operation with a contemporary atmosphere to provide you with the most authentic southern style BBQ and a fun-filled experience.
Ashtabula OH
“fast becoming a favorite”
Reviewed March 27, 2012

The whole town is talking about this new BBQ place. Everything I have tried is A#1. Food is wonderful and prices are great. Located in an historic building by the lift bridge makes it a fun environment.

Visited February 2012

Mentor, Ohio
“Unique little joint with wonderful food!”
Reviewed February 1, 2012

My husband Paul & I travel from Mentor at least once a month to dine at this charming little restaurant! We love the food (The Brunswick Stew is to die for!), the beer selection is excellent and the staff is super friendly and accomodating! This place is a labor of love and it shows thru in their food!
~ Carolyn from Mentor

• Visited September 2011
Boston
“Wonderful food”
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We live in the area and often stop here for lunch. Although our favorite dish is the pulled pork sandwich, today I had the pulled pork/chopped chicken combo and that too was delicious. The pork is so tender and juicy with a lovely smoked flavor. I love the sweet BBQ sauce and have also tried the maple mustard which is very good. They now offer a good selection of micro brews which is a nice addition to the menu. The sides are always good. We've had BBQ in Texas and North Carolina, but this is still my favorite. The prices are reasonable and the service is friendly and efficient.

• Visited September 2011
Louisville, Kentucky
“Pleasant Suprise for Lunch”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My wife and I were exploring the Lake Erie shore and wandered into Ashtabula a short time before lunch. After a brief sightseeing (very brief, there is not much to see and the local museum was closed) we wandered downtown to find lunch. We were pointed to Briquettes by a local pub's bartender as a good spot to find lunch and he was so right. I had the Brunswick Stew and it was very hardy and flavorful as advertised. The pulled pork was good and my wife said her Beef Brisket Salad was great and the brisket had a distinct smoke ring and flavor. The side of Mac and Cheese was a pleasant surprise as well. On top of all this the price was very reasonable.

• Visited July 2011
Pennsylvania
“Very good food!”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

We rode by here a few months ago and this time, we decided to stop! So glad we did! The good was very good! I had the two meat combo, but opted for the brisket instead of the chicken. It also came with pulled pork! Both meats were tender and flavorful, with a great hint of smokiness at the end! My plate also came with potato salad, which was good and beans. The jalapeno cornbread was most awesome! Didn't even use the butter! We tried the sweet and tangy sauce and it was very good as well. Our friends had the bbq nachos and salads topped with pulled pork and both enjoyed their food very much. We would definitely stop at this great little place again if/when we are in the area again!

• Visited July 2011