“We eat here anytime we come to Ashtabula”
Review of Crows Nest

Crows Nest
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Ashtabula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed February 16, 2013

The Crows Nest is is a great family oriented restaurant. I love the food and atmosphere. I am very partial to their spaghetti and meatballs but everything I ordered has always been good. The waitstaff has always been friendly and welcoming. The first time we ate there, I asked a group of 5-6 people who had just left "Is this a decent place to eat"? They all said "you wont be disappointed'............and as you can tell from this review, WE WEREN'T!.

Reviewed December 25, 2012

Always good food and good humor! Lots of locals that welcome travellers as well. Large dining area and large bar with tables available too. You can tell this is a poplular neighboorhood spot. All the food is always good, served hot and with a friendly smile from the waitstaff that has been with them forever! Got to try the wings!

Reviewed July 20, 2012

heading home from cooperstown on way back to chicago, we stayed in Ashtabula. we were in shorts and t-shirts so nixed the incredible sounding place by harbour and instead opted for the highly rated crows nest which was more appropriate for our casual attire and whose parking lot was jam packed at 6pm. when you walk in you are hit with a very plain looking place with vinyl tablecloths and silverware wrapped in paper napkins.....but looks can be deceiving. the menu offered pasta dishes which were very popular but also a large assortment of appetizers and main dishes, including specials. they start with a basket of fresh thicked sliced bread...yum!! my son and i split a ny strip steak with twice baked potato which was to die for. my husband and daughter had pasta dishes that were huge and deeelish. our waitress kayla was very busy serving many tables so service was a little slow...but not bad...and well worth the food for such reasonable prices. don't pass by this local favorite without stopping.

1  Thank MoranTravels
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Best gnochi! Family place. They have the old time bowling machines that my kids (from the time they were small, now teenagers) enjoys playing while waiting for their food

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I were enroute from Nashville to upstate New York for our daughter's college graduation. Our timing had us overnight in Ashtabula and we try to find the local eating establishments. It was getting late, the sun was starting to go down as we drove near Lake Erie and all of a sudden, there was a restaurant, the Crows Nest. And, here's the key--a full parking lot! There's nothing fancy here, no corporate guidelines for the wait staff to introduce themselves ("Hi, I'm Susie and I'll be your server for the evening.") and on and on. Then, there's the food. My wife and I both had a grilled chicken pasta dish. WOW! We could have ordered just one plate. It was a mountain of food. Really. With a great side salad and fresh bread. And, very reasonable prices. Seriously. Oh, and our waitress, Missy, was a delight!

Been to Crows Nest? Share your experiences!