“excellent for overall value”
Review of Crow's Nest

Crow's Nest
Ranked #13 of 74 Restaurants in Ashtabula
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Gastropub Sports Bar
Reviewed July 20, 2012

heading home from cooperstown on way back to chicago, we stayed in Ashtabula. we were in shorts and t-shirts so nixed the incredible sounding place by harbour and instead opted for the highly rated crows nest which was more appropriate for our casual attire and whose parking lot was jam packed at 6pm. when you walk in you are hit with a very plain looking place with vinyl tablecloths and silverware wrapped in paper napkins.....but looks can be deceiving. the menu offered pasta dishes which were very popular but also a large assortment of appetizers and main dishes, including specials. they start with a basket of fresh thicked sliced bread...yum!! my son and i split a ny strip steak with twice baked potato which was to die for. my husband and daughter had pasta dishes that were huge and deeelish. our waitress kayla was very busy serving many tables so service was a little slow...but not bad...and well worth the food for such reasonable prices. don't pass by this local favorite without stopping.

1  Thank MoranTravels

Reviewed July 9, 2012

Best gnochi! Family place. They have the old time bowling machines that my kids (from the time they were small, now teenagers) enjoys playing while waiting for their food

Reviewed May 21, 2012

My wife and I were enroute from Nashville to upstate New York for our daughter's college graduation. Our timing had us overnight in Ashtabula and we try to find the local eating establishments. It was getting late, the sun was starting to go down as we drove near Lake Erie and all of a sudden, there was a restaurant, the Crows Nest. And, here's the key--a full parking lot! There's nothing fancy here, no corporate guidelines for the wait staff to introduce themselves ("Hi, I'm Susie and I'll be your server for the evening.") and on and on. Then, there's the food. My wife and I both had a grilled chicken pasta dish. WOW! We could have ordered just one plate. It was a mountain of food. Really. With a great side salad and fresh bread. And, very reasonable prices. Seriously. Oh, and our waitress, Missy, was a delight!

Reviewed May 17, 2012

If you have food allergies or if you have food preferences such as being a vegetarian do not eat here!! I have been an ardent vegeatarian for 15 years. Recently, I dined here with family.There is usually at least one vegetarian meal on a menu or the restaurant will make a special dish to accommodate the customer. I stated to the waitress I was vegetarian. I was interested in a pasta dish. She stated they have two pots of sauce one with and one without meat. She was wrong! My meal had had meat in it (my husband who is not vegetarian,confirmed it was meat). This was brought the waitress attention twice. She didn't care, seemed to not believe us. It was bad enough I was mislead. Our waitress was not friendly and was not understanding in the matter. She didn't apologize, take the dish off the bill, or offer a different meal. She believed the dish was vegetarian and didn't care that in reality it was not. Terrible service! Unknowledge staff! Beware!

1  Thank Kathryn H
Reviewed March 27, 2012

Good food, friendly and the prices are great. We meet at the crows nest for reunions and informal parties. Great place to eat and visit.

Been to Crow's Nest? Share your experiences!