“Turned my Frown upsidown, Perfect Place, Perfect People!”
Review of College House B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
College House B&B
Ranked #2 of 3 Ashland B&B and Inns
In
“Turned my Frown upsidown, Perfect Place, Perfect People!”
Reviewed March 10, 2008

I came to Ashland Oh for an unhappy event, the passing of my beloved Grandmother. I called in at 11 pm and was greeted with a smile( i could even feel it on the phone) and saftley guided in personally by the lovley inkeeper herself! With my reasoning said it would be hard to enjoy anywhere, but truly it was an amazing experience. I felt my spirit uplifted by the innkkepers and thier family(two ADORABLE twin boys). I darinly asked if "K" could make breakfast for my extended family as well as for me in the Am and she thought nothing of it. Its hard to believe that because it was spectacular! Again this was 11 pm.I again asked the impossible and requested that the party joining me for breakfast could stay the night, again greeted with a "no problem"! Let me be clear here i understood it would be at the going rate, but on such short notice...she is truly amazing.

The next day I had the pleasure of meeting her husband "J" and thruought our stay he ground FRESH coffee beans in the am, and was as attentive to every detail as her. ( he even shined my boots and my cousins before our departure)

Again, I raised the possibility of yet another impossible task due to the weather. "Would you be interested in throwing a lunch in honor of my grandmother?" Also greeted with a "no problem." She threw together..or so she said a few things that made everyone pleased, full, and wanting more. Ablizzard arrived in the midst and again the team of four (twins included) helped dig out cars get elderly up stairs and even challenged my cousin in a game of scrabble! For such a tiring sad event it was a magical place to be.

I came home to my husband and own children with a piece of them, they are a wonderful couple/family and it just radiated through the house. I apologize for the lengthy review, but it was necessary to give back to these gracious hosts that made my stay memorable in only the best ways!

We plan to bring the whole family back in the summer for a visit, I just hope by then there is still room!

• Liked — EVERYTHING/FOOD
  • Disliked — NOTHING
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled solo
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank claire1994

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
In
Reviewed March 10, 2008

College House B&B. I can’t say enough. A visiting friend stayed several nights, and arranged "tea" for a group of her friends. My parents and I were among the lucky guests. Unfortunately, our plans ran into a snow storm that dumped more than a foot of snow. I parked on the street in a pile of snow. My parents arrived in another 4 wheel drive. My father is severally handicapped. The inn keepers had shoveled more than a foot of snow off their sidewalk, and even a portion of the street so that my dad could get in. They physically helped my dad up the 3 steps into their home. Their two polite, cheerful young boys delighted my dad. (The inn keepers offered to limit their boys to their living quarters. But the boys were a joy.) My family and other guests for "tea" were served a large selection of delicious dishes and deserts. A wonderful fire warmed us as we ate and then chatted. Some enjoyed a game of scrabble. After several delightful hours, our group thanked the inn keepers for a wonderful afternoon, and we left. With much food remaining, my friend and I delivered left overs in a 4-wheel drive to 2 invited guests who couldn't make it out into the snow storm. When I returned, the truck that I had parked in a pile of snow had been plowed in. No problem. Even though I was not an overnight guest of their B&B, the inn keepers had dug out my truck and that of another guest for tea. These inn keepers are truly "hosts". They were wonderful!

• Liked — The Owners and thier hospitality
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
1 Thank claire1994
Mansfield
Reviewed March 9, 2008

This past weekend I had the privelage to stay at Ashland, Ohio's College House Inn Bed & Breakfast. The owners, Kathy and Joe were the most unbelievable hosts. A graceful blend of creativity, style, hospitality and generosity made my stay there the most unforgettably blissful time in ANY hotel or b&b. Every meal was like a work of art. The rooms were beautiful, and the general atmosphere was one of relaxation and pampering. But above all, the one thing that made the most substantial impression upon me was the untiring effort, hard work, and graciousness of the owners, Kathy and Joe. These guys are great. Kathy stays up late preparing the next days meals( which are all spectacular, I might add), tidying up, and caring for their adorable twin boys. This place has it ALL; Flat screen tvs with digital cable, a strong WiFi signal, gorgeous rooms, whirpool baths, even a neat little "smoking parlor" . The rooms even have names such as; the art department( this is the coolest, with a huge tub with artistic marble mosaic work), the music department, and two "communtiy rooms". As soon as my schedule permits, Im gonna book a week in the "art department". I must suggest that ANYONE in the Ashland, Ohio area check this out. Theyve been open since July 07' and i definately see these guys being around for quite a while, lol. So go see what the fuss is all about at Kathy and Joe's College House Inn B&B. Youll LOVE it. -ciao

• Liked — The meals and rooms
  • Disliked — the weather, lol
  • Stayed March 2008, traveled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Holiday Inn Express Ashland
Surrey Inn Hotel
Surrey Inn Hotel
#6 of 6 in Ashland
Hampton Inn & Suites Mansfield-South @ I-71

Been to College House B&B? Share your experiences!