“Great place just off the Interstate!”

Holiday Inn Express Ashland
Ranked #3 of 6 Hotels in Ashland
“Great place just off the Interstate!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

My 10 year old grandson and I stopped here on a road trip for one night only. Check-in was so fast and friendly, Jen Caldwell and Bizzy went out of their ways to be accommodating to us! Our room was super clean, beds very comfortable. My grandson enjoyed beating me at a game of billiard a in the game room after dinner. The free breakfast was typical fare, but very clean and well-tended by a nice lady who kept everything stocked and clean. I would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Lakeland, Florida, United States
Reviewed September 21, 2013 via mobile

Best hotel in area, close to restraunts and highway. Internet is slow, takes to long to get on. Work out room equipment is all junk, not working right. Had a room with separate shower stall. No where to hang a towel when taking a shower. Staff is friendly and courteous. Rooms clean. No place outside to go run or walk safely.

• Stayed September 2013
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Ellsworth T,

Thank you for your feedback. It is good to know you like our location and friendly staff. We are disappointed to read that you received poor hotel facilities and slow internet service during your stay and we apologize for any inconvenience encountered. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas, We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your next travel.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Perrysburg, Ohio
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here for one night on business in September and this is what you would expect from an HI Express. There is ample and well-lit parking. Checking was very smooth and the staff was friendly. The room was large and clean and the internet was quick. Breakfast was run of the mill for HI Express, but they kept everything clean and the breakfast was staffed continuously.

If you are traveling with a family, the indoor pool is large, but pretty basic. They also have a game room with a pool table. There is a Walmart within a 1/4 mile if you need it. Nothing fancy, just a solid property.

Room Tip: On the second floor, there is a stairwell in the center of the property and the door is quite loud...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Erie, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We thankfully made our reservations ahead of time. When we got to the hotel we waited at least 10-15 minutes to get someone to show up behind the counter, only to realize he was outside smoking the whole time. The room itself was very nice and comfortable. I wanted to go relax in the pool but when I got down there it was turning green and had a film covering the water. So disappointing after driving 7 hours. Probably would not stay at this particular hotel again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Bluffton, South Carolina
Reviewed August 24, 2013 via mobile

My son and I arrived in Ashland quite late, after driving many hours. When we pulled into the lot there was a group of men outside the hotel door. If my tall college son hadn't been with me, I would not have stopped here! The front desk agent was helpful but took quite a while to get us checked in. The carpets in the elevator and hallways are stained and dirty. The room was nice, as was the bath. Best toiletry set up I've ever seen for a hotel at this level: shampoo, condition, shower gel, mouthwash, lotion, shoe shine cloth, makeup remover and more...loved that!

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ashland, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear formerexpatCT,

Thank you for taking the time to write your review following your recent stay. We are delighted to read you liked the room amenities. It is our goal to consistently provide superior service and accommodations at our hotel and your comments are very important to us. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Toledo, Ohio
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The hotel staff was very courteous and accomodating upon check-in. They had already read my request and had my room ready for me. I really appreciate not having to explain requsts again at the desk. The hotel is within reasonable distance to restaurants and other stores you might need. They gave me a two page list of restaurants within a couple miles or so.
The room was clean and the beds were comfortable. The breakfast was much better that the HIE that I stayed in last weekend in Michigan. This one has a pancake machine that makes fresh pancakes and rolls them out on your plate. There are scrambled eggs and sausage patties instead of premade omlets. And of course, the warm cinnamon rolls.
I stayed two nights on business and would stay again if I came to this area. Like the other reviewers said, you can hear every step above you, but I must have had an adult, because I only heard them a few times and they didn't run a lot across the floors. My BIGGEST complaint was the location of the desk, as it is 3 feet away from the air conditioner. If you want to work at the desk, cold air blows right on you! I tried mong to the end of the desk, but it didn't help. I had to turn the air completely off, no fan at all, to get any work done. My suggestion would be to switch the dresser/micro/fridge unit and the desk. Then, you could work without the wind!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
North Pole, Alaska
Reviewed July 2, 2013

I see a lot of reviews from people traveling through the area. My family has lived here for decades and we visit fairly often. The hotel is hands down the cleanest on this side of Ashland. Every member of the staff who I encountered was friendly and said hi to me in the hall. We got a great rate on our room so the customer service was an added bonus. The pool and rooms were clean. Nice modern lobby.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Keri F
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn & Suites Ashland
Holiday Inn Mansfield Conference Center
Surrey Inn Hotel
Surrey Inn Hotel
#5 of 6 in Ashland

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ashland? Share your experiences!