“A FIVE STAR B&B!!!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Ashland
Winfield Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 3 Ashland B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 25, 2012

From our first step into the Winfield B&B, my husband and I were pampered...quiet, classical music was playing throughout the stunningly appointed, immaculate house. A warm, romantic fire was crackling in the great room. The innkeepers, Sally and Bill, are delightful and they quickly made us feel at home in their gorgeous home. Included in our stay was access to a fully stocked refrigerator with wine, beer, sodas, juices and water. We were also shown where we could get a midnight snack of freshly popped popcorn or another snack in the very large glass snack jar. Sally showed us our room--The Crow's Nest and we felt like we were at The Ritz Carlton. Her attention to detail and the cleanliness of our room was impeccable! Our bed had two, square mint chocolates welcoming us and shortly after taking in the safari themed room {complete with romantic netting over the bed}, Bill knocked on our door and gave us a lovely fruit, cheese, meat and cookie welcoming plate! Delicious!!! My husband and I savored every last bite of this wonderful assortment and then we headed over to Ashland University to see a FREE play in the small theater of 75 viewers. It was hilarious and professionally performed! We ate our dinner at the best Mexican restaurant on the planet {appetizer, beer, main dish and fried ice cream {shared} was just $22!!! It was high quality food and service was outstanding. Back at our 5 star B&B, we helped ourselves to beverages and snacks and then chose a dvd from the fabulous selection in the Winfield library. My husband and I didn't want to go to bed...we wished the night could have last forever! The next morning we were introduced to two other couples that stayed the night in other rooms. Sally is a delightful hostess and she quickly had us all feeling at ease and eager for her homemade breakfast FEAST! She prepared a scrumptious breakfast of grapefruit garnished with mint leaves for starters. Then she served us fresh orange juice, coffee and tea and a generous helping of stuffed french toast {with apricots and cream cheese} drizzled with homemade apple cider syrup and a side of sausage. Sally is a phenomenal cook...wOw!!! Before we finished devouring our breakfast, Sally said that we should relax and not rush out of the house. Staying at the Winfield B&B is like staying in a 5 star hotel {not exaggerating}. We highly recommend this fine establishment to everyone. It will exceed your hopes and dreams!

Room Tip: The Crows Nest
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Winfield Bed and Breakfast

Reviewed July 26, 2012

I love the Ohio countryside, especially in North Central Ohio as it approaches the rolling hills of Holmes County - the home of the world's largest Amish population. So in June 2009 needing a Mom's personal retreat, I stayed at the Winfield B & B in Ashland, Ohio for 3 nights and felt like a queen. The owners, Bill and Sally were quintessential hosts! Every detail was cared for with excellence, artistry and generosity from their greeting with an abundant and tastefully arranged fruit/cheese platter, their plentiful supply of complimentary soft drinks, juices and snacks, the bowl full of Hershey's nuggets in my room and gourmet mint at the pillow, and I'll always remember coming downstairs each morning to a stunning and finely appointed table setting - customized to the gourmet breakfast Sally prepared. Her husband Bill is indeed an artist as you can see from their home's interior and gardens outside. Sally is a fantastic cook. I looked forward to staying there again some day and sharing this wonderful experience with my husband. So, just a few weeks ago we stayed a few nights and found Winfield Inn as impeccable as it was three years ago. Every detail was attended to just as I had experienced before. Highly recommended!

Room Tip: All of the rooms are finely appointed and include their own bathroom. We stayed in the smallest room...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank livnlrn
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Comfortable room, beautiful antiques and decor, delicous breakfast, and the host and hostess; Bill & Sally are so helpful and friendly. Felt like home without the work! A great place to relax. The home and grounds are very attactive and the patio was great for just sitting and relaxing. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 11, 2011

The Winfield was wonderful! The house was immaculate. The bed was very clean. I felt very comfortable there. There are so many amenities that make you feel right at home. There are snacks, drinks and even movies to take up to your room. Great place and the best B&B we've ever stayed at. We are still taking about the delcious homemade breakfast Sally made us.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank laurar750
Reviewed July 19, 2011

This was such a wonderful gem that was recommended by a friend who lives in town. The house is absolutely immaculate and beautiful. The hosts/owners are warm and wonderful and they offer you so many additional amenities it is well worth the stay!

Gina Petros

Room Tip: All of the rooms were gorgeous, spotless, and amazingly well kept.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank gcpetros
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I had looked into hotels in the Ashland area on tripadvisor, and given the really poor reviews for the chain hotels, I went with the Winfield B&B. I was not sure of what to expect - but I was pleasantly surprised. The property is extremely well maintained and Bill and Sally who run the place are very friendly. They did a fabulous job of making us feel at home. Sally cooks the most lovely American breakfasts. It was a fantastic experience and we really enjoyed ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Nev911
Reviewed April 30, 2011

Winfield Bed and Breakfast is a gem set in the beautiful countryside near Ashland Ohio. The Innkeepers are gracious, polite, and endear themselves very quickly to their guests. The stories they have to share, and knowledge as well, make talks with them educational as well as entertaining. I was in the area on business and loved the time I got to spend in the Crows Nest room. It is very charming as is the entire home....antiques, charming decor and comfort await anyone who is fortunate enough to stay at this B&B.
I have read other reviews regarding this B&B and assure anyone that it is well worth their time and money to pay this place a visit. Others have left less than favorable reviews stating something in regards to the hostess being "opinionated"....all I can comment on that is that some people are close-minded and have a hard time enjoying good conversation and only want to talk to people who share in the same views as themselves, and criticize those who have their own ideas. If you do not feel like talking to the innkeepers, they are perfectly okay with guests enjoying peace and solitude. Relax in the home's library with a good book, pck a DVD or movie from the extensive solection available at no cost, enjoy a complimentary snack or glass of wine.....the innkeepers truly have thought of everything to make one's stay relaxing, comfortable and OH YES!! Delicious!!! The breakfasts are out of this world!!
Forget your toothpaste? No problem....bathroom has all your toiletry needs furnished if needed.....right down to deodarant. Like I said.....they do all they can to make your stay worry-free and at no extra cost. This will become MY home away from home when I am in the Ashland area on business. I may even have to come back just to stay and have holiday.
Darla Warren

Room Tip: EVERY room is exceedingly superb!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank WarrensOhio
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ashland
Hampton Inn & Suites Ashland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#8 of 15 in Mansfield
La Quinta Inn & Suites Mansfield

Been to Winfield Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!