“Its ALL Good !!”

Sal & Al's Diner
Ranked #10 of 54 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Amherst, Ohio
“Its ALL Good !!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

This is a family owned restaurant that takes pride in everything they make and it shows!! Soups sandwiches, dinners. The lunch specials are a great deal. The pizzas are awesome. (try the rollover for 1 person) They make the best chicken paprikash since my Grandmas!! The dumplings are freshly made every morning. And to top off the experience- ICE CREAM!! The George Family should be proud!!

• Visited August 2013

Cleveland, Ohio
“Great service; average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

Sal and Al's is a bit of a disappointment; the atmosphere is nice, service is great, but the food is just so-so. The soup can be great one day and average at best the next. The sandwiches are mediocre. The fries are greasy and sometimes mushy. None of the food has a lot of flavor, except for salt and/or garlic. Want to love the food, but I just don't.

Visited February 2013
Ohio
“Great find!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 7, 2013

Friend give me the recommendation to stop in since I was visiting the amazing kiedrowski's bakery right next door. I had the kids with me so wanted to make sure the menu would accomodate them. I rarely visit diners but this one was clean end friendly and the menu looked vast. I am a strict eater and wasn't sure if I would find something but they had to my suprise Mediteranean food!! Being Lebanese I was excited to see this option and asked our waitress if in fact it was Syrian made and not a version of the food because as we all know you can try to replicate the food but authentic made you can't compete with. And it was! I ordered a side of tabuli and a spinach pie. Both were so good but then again it's homemade. The spinach pie was so large I only ate half and took the rest to go, the tabuli also delicious and pretty much like we make it. The kids had a cheeseburger which was cooked perfectly and chicken tenders which again looked delicious and was told were! Great find and I'm glad we stopped in. When we go to Kiedrowski's this migtbeour lunch stop again! Prices were super reasonable and service was great!

• Visited December 2012
Berlin Heights, Ohio
“Excellent variety. Great prices.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 5, 2013

They've an outstanding food selection. American to Lebanese/Greek(I think?). Regardless, the prices are good, the food is plentiful, tasty and fresh. I really do like the assortment of food and desserts. By all means, give it a try.

Visited November 2012
Amherst, Ohio
“No Thanks”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2012

We went on a Saturday for lunch. My Route 66 had three, small, about one-inch slices of steak, more peppers than you could want, some onions, and two mushrooms, over what I would call Minute Rice with a Thousand Island based sauce? My husband ordered the Diner Burger. It had two patties with Texas toast as the bun. His sandwich fell apart and crumbled before he was even half done eating it. It was served with overly greasey fries. The restaurant is very clean and clever Rock n Roll decor. However, we will not return. Two cars in the parking lot should have been our clue.

• Visited August 2012