“Best Pizza Hands Down!”

Old Towne Pizza
Ranked #6 of 57 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed July 22, 2014

They have the best pizza sauce around and if you like lots of cheese and toppings, this is your place! One of my kids thinks it's a bit greasy, but I've had worse. Taste-wise, it can't be beat! We usually get a family size (sometimes w/ coupons for a free 2 liter or bread sticks) for around $20.00 for one topping. (1/2 bacon and 1/2 pepperoni, usually.)

There are newer reviews for Old Towne Pizza

Reviewed July 8, 2014

Olde Towne is one of our favorites, we come almost weekly. The food is fresh, the people are friendly, and the prices are reasonable.

For pizza ee usually get mini or small pizza's, anything larger is too greasy for us. The calzones/woogie bears are the best I have had! The cheese is melty and the homemade pizza sauce is excellent!

They also have a great salad bar with homemade coleslaw, pasta salad, and plenty of fresh veggies. The house italian is great on the salad and sometimes I get extra to dip my pizza crust in.

Sometimes it takes a little longer to get your food but that tells me it is fresh and made well.

Olde Towne is an Amherst staple that I reccomend to anyone looking for a good homemade pizza!

1  Thank lolak2010
Reviewed March 4, 2014 via mobile

I've been a regular customer here for the last 10 or so years. I never really had any problems until they expanded, now it seems that that have lost some control. Orders are not right, food isn't ready when they say it will be, unapologetic employees, etc. I hope it gets better with time.

1  Thank Michael F
Reviewed October 18, 2013

As a prior owner of several successful pizza style independents, I can be hard on pizza places. Old Towne's pizza is okay as are the salads. I might go again but it would not be my first choice. The place could use a makeover as the building itself is likely 80 years old. I know it is an institution in Amherst but I can take it or leave it.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

As a newcomer to Amherst, finding a great place to eat is always a mystery. We are hooked - amazing soups, the pizzas are always fresh and taste "homemade." If you want something different there are fun sandwiches and fold overs. You can't go wrong!