“Wedding Shower Disaster”

Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
“Wedding Shower Disaster”
Reviewed June 13, 2014

My mother and I hosted an bridal shower at Cork's Wine Bar and it was a terrible experience. After multiple changes with the event planner (clearly Cork's was having a staffing issue) we had to reach out to Cork's and confirm all of the details multiple times.

When we arrived at the restaurant no one was there to let us in. Eventually a janitor who was not expecting us opened the door and we discovered that nothing was set up as promised. We had 1 hour to set up and lots to do. The tables were dirty, we had to clean off clutter from the bar, and the windows and front door had finger prints- nothing had been done from the night before. My mom and I were in heels and were scrubbing the tables, cleaning windows, and rearranging tables and chairs, and were putting linens on the tables. When our server arrived, he was apologetic and tried to assist us as best he could. We were overwhelmed with the amount of work that needed to be done, even though the Cork's event planner had reassured us that this would all be taken care of for us and all we would need to do is place our centerpieces on the tables and be done.

Half way through the meal, the future bride came up to my mother and told her that the food bins were empty (we had a buffet). We had to tell the staff to fill up the food, since we ordered more than enough for everyone. When we had time to reflect on the event, we also noticed that the bread we had ordered was missing. My mother was very embarrassed since she has worked so hard to plan this meal. Guests were commenting that we had run out of food but actually it just needed to be refilled from the kitchen.

We asked to speak to the owner or the event planner so we could voice our concerns and discovered that the event planner was out of town and the owner was no where to be found. We later discovered after the event that the owner was there, although he did not identify himself at any point. We tried for days to contact the owner following the event and received no response. Eventually he did contact my mother but with little resolution. We were made to feel like our wedding shower was not important to the event planner or the owner of Cork's. It was a very special day in the life of my sister and unfortunately my mother and I were so overwhelmed with this experience we could not enjoy ourselves.

Cork's Wine Bar & Bistro was a big disappointment.

2 Thank Candice K

“Great Atmosphere”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Small and quaint with good food and even better service. Jen the bartender is outstanding, knows her product and can make you anything. Especially good are her Chocolate Martini's! Definitely recommend this location to everyone.

• Visited April 2014
Amherst, Ohio
“FANTASTIC FOOD AND SERVICE!”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

I have to rave about this food. I was very hungry, but the appetizer of shrimp was enough to fill me up! It was in a tomato sauce with spinach, and really was also a "salad". Swordfish was the main dish and was very tender and flavorful. Great wait staff and wine! AWESOME!

Huron, Ohio
“A foodies delight!”
Reviewed May 16, 2014

We live in Huron and this is our second time out to this destination. I am an official foodie of all areas, Ohio aS well as international. . . . Great location, great prices, nice atmosphere and guys that really work the service! Happy hour till 7:pm with a great selection of wines for half price by the glass but they have bottles under $20. I had the salmon and my husband had a delicious pork chop special? Both delicious. Enjoy!

Ohio
“Great place”
Reviewed December 6, 2013

My husband and I have been to Corks many times and we really like it. I have also gone with friends and coworkers. We have also been there for different events. The staff is very accommodating. The food is very good, and the wine list is good as well. There are so many amazing dishes. They change the menu up each season. One of my favorite appetizers is the Jambalaya Balls; they are amazing. I also love the modern décor; it is very inviting. I am so glad Cork's is close to home.

• Visited November 2013