“Hit or Miss”

MooseHead Grill
Ranked #6 of 54 Restaurants in Amherst
Cuisines: American, Bar, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Elyria, Ohio
“Hit or Miss”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2013 via mobile

I live in the area and have been here twice, I had one terrible meal and one solid meal. They specialize in smoked meats ( ribs, pork, etc). I have been disappointed by the inconsistency. The atmosphere is nice and the staff is friendly.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Rob L

Ohio USA
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 15, 2013

Live in the area and frequently eat there! Always find the food great, If you wish to have something to take home, order the "Porky Pig". Ask for the coleslaw on the side and just try and eat it all!
Waitress's and waiters are always polite and helpful!
Great place to eat, enjoy a cold beer!

• Visited September 2013
“Nothing is fresh on the menu”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 11, 2013

The fish,shrimp and scallops are brought in frozen. The salad dressings are marzeti, pasta is not fresh, bbq sauce is cattelmans. After a few beers with friends at ziggys an ex employee told us the truth going on in the kitchen.
They sell you on a scratch kitchen but its just not true.
Our last meal there we had the prime rib, no idea why they grilled it,but the server said the owner didt know how to do prime rib. My wife had the tilapia and sent it back,the sauce was swimming with rancid crab. So gross, the owner walks around the place, he reminds me of a broken down chef in his golden years. Service was way to slow and the place has a strange odor.

• Visited September 2013
4 Thank daverodger
Ebensburg, Pennsylvania
“Great Food & Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

Traveling I-80 and wanted to stop to eat. We avoid chain restaurants. This was a great find. After reading some reviews I was not feeling 100% about it but thought what the heck, let's give it a try. First good sign, the parking lot was full. We were seated right away and our server Rob was prompt and courteous. We had the alligator appetizer which was great. Nice spice. Dinner was tilapia and crab for my husband and I got a southwest chicken salad. The portions were more than adequate and boy did they taste wonderful. Fresh, cold and crunchy greens. Dessert looked amazing but we were too full to try it. Next time!

• Visited July 2013
Aurora, CO
“Overall Good Experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Late one day on the highway and stopped here on a recommendation by the Toll Booth operator. It was very busy but seated right away. My daughter and I split a combo, the BBQ was delicious, sauce tangy yet sweet. Service was excellent, would go back if we were on the Ohio Turpike near Amherst!!

• Visited June 2013

Been to MooseHead Grill? Share your experiences!