“Oct 11”

Americas Best Value Inn- Alliance
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Alliance
Reviewed October 31, 2011

Great bargain! Will stay again when back in the area

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family

Reviewed October 10, 2011

Stayed here recently when I attended Mount Union alumni weekend. The hotel was close the University (only a mile or so away). The rooms were clean & I was impressed that we got a mini fridge & microwave with the room. The size of the room was a little tight, but what can you expect for around $50?

The bed was my only real complaint. Perhaps it was just our room, but the bed had major sagging & spring issues. I hope they get that problem fixed soon because my back was aching the next day. Free breakfast was good the next morning.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We stayed here while attending the festivities for the Pro Football Hall of Fame Enshrinement. We got a great rate, and going off of the mainly good reviews, I booked us a room. The staff was accommodating as they could be. We had reserved a non-smoking room, and when we checked in, there were only smoking rooms available(they were completely booked). But, that was probably more reservations fault then the hotel itself. My husband has asthma, and it caused my daughter to be congested while we were there and a couple days after we left. I bought some febreze and used just about an entire bottle, but couldn't get the smell out. The other issue we had was the cleanliness of the bathroom. The shower curtain had something on it(I assume mold?) and the floor wasn't very clean in the bathroom. The bed was comfortable. The rest of the room was clean. Breakfast was OK. Not a huge selection, but decent quality. There was a desk and chair, arm chair, but no table in the room. This particular Super 8 is like a motel, and being able to park in front of your room is a nice change from what seems to be the norm lately-definitely makes getting in and out easier.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We loved the pull-up-to-your-door style of this older motel. It makes it easier for unloading. The price was fantastic for our 2 night stay - $61.89 a night. Staff was super friendly. Breakfast was A+ - from the english muffins to the granola bars and fresh fruit. The bed spreads and carpet seem old and worn. Rooms are a tad dark. Micro/fridges are not standard w/ all rooms. The tvs are ancient. We had stains in our tub. But, the shower was hot and strong. No one (housekeeping) was banging on our door at 8:00 am like some places - they respected our schedule. The pool and patio furniture are really nice and relaxing. We would stay again if we had too.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room close to the pool!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Pineapple62
Reviewed February 20, 2010

I had more problems with this motel. First of all the internet in the first room they put me in was extremely slow. They changed my room. In the new room the toilet seat would not stay up due to an oversized toilet lid cover which they changed the next day for a properly fitting one. Now this morning the internet again is extremely slow and the desk clerk has a very bad attitude about the problem. If this motel is a "Pride of Super 8" motel, then I would hate to stay at motels that are not the Pride of Super 8.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I don't know what motel other reviewers stayed in, but I've stayed here twice. Once a year ago, and again just last night. This place has been clean and very peaceful both times. This isn't your usual S8, it's all one level, a throwback to old motel designs. (More like an old Knights Inn, which perhaps this used to be) Surrounded by trees, it's always been quiet, clean, and the staff always friendly. I even drove an extra 45 minutes to stay here rather than just crash earlier at a closer motel. Plenty of cable channels, the free breakfast is the usual stuff (cereal, danishes, etc) and 24hr coffee, but the restaurant next door has good food, so go there. (Big breakfast, only $5.50!) Shower was good, and the heat/AC worked perfectly.

I'll stay here anytime. Try to get a room in the middle or the back for even more quiet. (It's laid out in three ground level lines) Remember, this is a Super 8, not some 5-star resort. Keeping that in mind (and your expectations reasonable), I think you'll find this a value for the money, and a comfortable, quiet stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Roadside_US
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I can say nothing good about this hotel. It was horrible.

I don't usually complain, but when you rent a room and can't even stay there, it has to be posted. I went back to Alliance to visit and thought this place would be a good place to stay. Boy was I wrong.

The room: The room stunk. First it didn't help that somehow we got stuck with a smoking room (I reserved a non-smoking room.) But besides the over bearing smell of smoke, there was a mildew stench. The room was allegedly remodelled, but was told later the rooms further back were not. That explains the 80's wallpaper and dingy carpet. The smell was so bad we couldn't stay there. We splept on the floor at a friend's house.

The service: Complaining of the smell did no good. For one, they were booked. So we couldn't get another room. And after copmlaining to management and to corporate, we still got nothing. Not even an apology.

Very disappointing. Seeing the postive reviews here makes me wonder if we just had a bad room, or do we expect to much for a small town in the sticks.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family