“Good Price - Cleanliness just Ok”

Americas Best Value Inn- Alliance
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Alliance
Reviewed June 27, 2011

We loved the pull-up-to-your-door style of this older motel. It makes it easier for unloading. The price was fantastic for our 2 night stay - $61.89 a night. Staff was super friendly. Breakfast was A+ - from the english muffins to the granola bars and fresh fruit. The bed spreads and carpet seem old and worn. Rooms are a tad dark. Micro/fridges are not standard w/ all rooms. The tvs are ancient. We had stains in our tub. But, the shower was hot and strong. No one (housekeeping) was banging on our door at 8:00 am like some places - they respected our schedule. The pool and patio furniture are really nice and relaxing. We would stay again if we had too.

Room Tip: I would ask for a room close to the pool!
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Metoer1962
There are newer reviews for Americas Best Value Inn- Alliance

Reviewed February 20, 2010

I had more problems with this motel. First of all the internet in the first room they put me in was extremely slow. They changed my room. In the new room the toilet seat would not stay up due to an oversized toilet lid cover which they changed the next day for a properly fitting one. Now this morning the internet again is extremely slow and the desk clerk has a very bad attitude about the problem. If this motel is a "Pride of Super 8" motel, then I would hate to stay at motels that are not the Pride of Super 8.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2009

I don't know what motel other reviewers stayed in, but I've stayed here twice. Once a year ago, and again just last night. This place has been clean and very peaceful both times. This isn't your usual S8, it's all one level, a throwback to old motel designs. (More like an old Knights Inn, which perhaps this used to be) Surrounded by trees, it's always been quiet, clean, and the staff always friendly. I even drove an extra 45 minutes to stay here rather than just crash earlier at a closer motel. Plenty of cable channels, the free breakfast is the usual stuff (cereal, danishes, etc) and 24hr coffee, but the restaurant next door has good food, so go there. (Big breakfast, only $5.50!) Shower was good, and the heat/AC worked perfectly.

I'll stay here anytime. Try to get a room in the middle or the back for even more quiet. (It's laid out in three ground level lines) Remember, this is a Super 8, not some 5-star resort. Keeping that in mind (and your expectations reasonable), I think you'll find this a value for the money, and a comfortable, quiet stay.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank Roadside_US
Reviewed August 11, 2008

I can say nothing good about this hotel. It was horrible.

I don't usually complain, but when you rent a room and can't even stay there, it has to be posted. I went back to Alliance to visit and thought this place would be a good place to stay. Boy was I wrong.

The room: The room stunk. First it didn't help that somehow we got stuck with a smoking room (I reserved a non-smoking room.) But besides the over bearing smell of smoke, there was a mildew stench. The room was allegedly remodelled, but was told later the rooms further back were not. That explains the 80's wallpaper and dingy carpet. The smell was so bad we couldn't stay there. We splept on the floor at a friend's house.

The service: Complaining of the smell did no good. For one, they were booked. So we couldn't get another room. And after copmlaining to management and to corporate, we still got nothing. Not even an apology.

Very disappointing. Seeing the postive reviews here makes me wonder if we just had a bad room, or do we expect to much for a small town in the sticks.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed October 6, 2006

Excellent motel, newly redone in July 2006. Everything new and attractive. Room was large, quiet, beds comfortable, totally spotless, friendly service, and very nice breakfast: orange juice, bagels, English muffins, butter (real), jam, cream cheese, peanut butter, assorted muffins and Danish pastry, bananas, apples, tea, coffee, hot chocolate.

Couldn't be beat for the price.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
2  Thank Boo10
Reviewed November 5, 2005

Nice little hotel in Alliance. My room was right by the front desk, but still quiet. King sized bed was good, not too worn out. More than ample supply of cable channels. Continental breakfast was minimal, but quality was good. Staff was friendly. Would be happy to stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: November 2005
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliance
Comfort Inn
Red Roof Inn - Canton
Red Roof Inn - Canton
#8 of 18 in Canton
Holiday Inn Express Salem

Been to Americas Best Value Inn- Alliance? Share your experiences!