“Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms”

Holiday Inn Express Alliance
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Alliance
Atlanta, Georgia
“Friendly Staff and Clean Rooms”
Reviewed November 10, 2011

My husband, myself, and our 2 young kids stayed here to visit some family in July 2011 and we had a great time. It was your typical Holiday Inn. The front desk staff was very friendly, especially Suzanne. The complimentary breakfast was very nice each morning. We will return.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank Jayne M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Liberty Twp
Reviewed September 27, 2011

Let me start with singing the praises of the lady who runs the breakfast buffet. She does a great job. It was like your mom was serving you breakfast when you come home for a holiday. That seems corny but it is true. She was on her game. She made breakfast a little bit special. The food was pretty good too. Sausage Gravy, Bacon, Cheese omlets, pancakes, rolls, ceral, juices. It is a motel breakfast but a little higher quality than other motels.

The entire staff was friendly and helpful. The desk clerk gave me handwritten directions to a church for Sunday Mass. Our room was clean, the beds were soft with the new tops and great pillows like those you find in a more costly inn. The pool area seemed clean but our stay didn't allow us the time to enjoy the indoor pool. Next time. The area around the hotel was nice. There is a little park with a playground about 100 yards from the motel. There were many restaurants and stores close to the motel.
If I had to find a fault it may be parking. There seems like there is a limited number of spaces in front of the motel so when one returns late one has to park back and behind the motel. I don't like leaving my car on the blind side of a motel. If you find yourself needing a room in Alliance, this is where you should stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a low number room to get away from the elevator and ice machine. The numbers (floor number...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank Danegd
Frankfort KY
Reviewed June 7, 2011

The staff is the highlight of this place. Friendly, helpful, knew I was coming, no hassles. The room was large and comfortably appointed, nice desk for plopping down the computer, and the wireless access was easy to set up once I realized the login was written inside the folder containing the room key cards. The bathroom, while serviceable, did look a little long in the tooth -- there was (I hope) rust-like markings in the bottom of the tub, and the shower faucet needed replacing, but it worked, so that was all that really mattered. And, there were more than ample towels and wash cloths. The room was clean and comfortable and slept well, which is all we really do ask from a place like this, isn't it?

Now the breakfast -- there were eggs and bacon and protein on the buffet! Plus the most helpful and nice attendant who would check to see if you needed coffee or juice, or something more to eat. Again, the staff here makes the difference.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank TravelerFrankfortKY
europe
Reviewed April 14, 2011

Good quality hotel for short stays in the Alliance area. Very convenient to the university nearby. On busy, main road , so there is some noise but it is to be expected in this small town. Many businesses, fast food places and services around the hotel within few minutes drive. taco bell, pizza hut, and appleby's very close. Large parking area. Good, large breakfast selection. Pool and gym areas well maintained. Internet access in room is great. Helpful, friendly, polite front desk staff.. sometimes they are not in the front for very long, but you can call them by ringing a bell on the counter. Overall , comfortable, clean, easy stay... I recommend it if you're in the area. It's everything you expect from Holiday Inn Express. they do a good job. no bad surprises ! I admit I was not too thrilled at first to go there, but it turned out to be a totally fine and good place to stay and I would definitely go back again !

Room Tip: higher floors seem quieter
  • Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank europearoundtheworld
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed March 17, 2011

We are very impressed with this Holiday Inn Express. My husband has been staying there on business a lot the past few months. I occasionally go and spend 2-3 days in this hotel with him. The rooms are clean,the beds are comfortable, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and the rooms we stay in are spacious and comfortable. We love the extra large desk for working and the whirlpool tubs in the rooms. All this and they are very reasonably priced. The woman who takes care of the breakfast area is very friendly and helpful.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank SKW78
Troy, Ohio
Reviewed September 5, 2010

My daughter goes to college in Alliance and we stay here when moving her in or visiting during the school year. Never had a problem with anything. Breakfast is good and the hostess is very nice, keeps food well supplied. The last time we were there a little girl spilled her cereal and she gave her a coloring book and crayons. I find the beds very comfortable. I like that they have soft and firm pillows. Front desk staff has always been helpful.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Jenna B, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Alliance, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Thank you for your valued feedback and thank you for choosing our hotel for your accommodation needs when visiting your daughter at school. We take pride in our community College and local school districts. Our breakfast bar host is great asset to our company and even though this post was posted over 2 years ago I will share this comment with her, she takes pride in her work and will be delighted to see it.

Jenna B
Alliance
Reviewed February 17, 2010

My wife had booked a pool party and a suite for a birthday party for my son. We had a vacation scheuled that had to be postponed to the weekend of the birthday party. My wife called up and canceled both the pool party and the hotel suite. The person that took the call told her he would take care of it and was writing everything down. A month later we seen on our statement that are credit card had been charged.for the room. When we called and spoke to management she said that their was a note to cancel the pool party but not the suite. She requested we provide a cancellation number. When my wife had called in the person said they would take care of it and was writing it down so she did not feel she needed to obtain anything further. I had spoke to several of the staff and ended up finding out the the individual that took the call to cancel had been fired because of poor performance. The managment told us yes she sees the cancellation for the pool party but since we didnt get a cancellation number their was nothing she would do it was her word against us. I could understand if they had no record at all of the call but that is not the case. She even had the nerve to ask us to supply a phone record of the calll. This was after she said she had the note to cancel the pool party. We were not even in the country at the time of the date so their was no way we did not cancel the reservation. I filed a complaint online with Holiday Inn and received a response 2 weeks later that the hotel managment would call. Still to this day I have not received a call even after placing several calls to the hotel for managment to call me. Based on this experience I would be reluctant to stay at any Holiday Inns since even when we filed a complaint they took several weeks to respond. I have stayed at many Comfort Suite Hotels and it is where I have my employees stay. I have only had to complain one time in many years of staying. I filled the complaint online and within 2 hours had a phone call with them trying to resolve it. If you want to keep clients this is the way to do it.

Stayed December 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank customstack
Also consider these accommodations in or near Alliance
Hampton Inn & Suites Alliance
#2 of 7 in North Canton
McKinley Grand Hotel
McKinley Grand Hotel
#15 of 18 in Canton

Been to Holiday Inn Express Alliance? Share your experiences!