“Convenient” 4 of 5 bubbles

blue fig
Ranked #26 of 76 Restaurants in Alliance
Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport
“Convenient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013 via mobile

Convenient for guest at nearby hotel. Great daily lunch and drink specials. Very affordable breakfasts

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank Michelle P

North Canton, Ohio
“Became a near death experience eating there.”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2013

I recently began going there because the prices are good. I got to know the waitresses, stemming from that, one of them wanted to get a relationship or something started, I wasn't at all interested in her. I took my girlfriend in hoping so she would leave me alone in the future, she rudely introduced herself as the other woman. Later that day, I become deathly ill; it lasted for five consecutive days. My girlfriend told me it was something maybe a virus going around so I blew it off at that, I was bed ridden. Last week, the same waitress waited on me and my parties, within minutes were getting sick. It's been nearly a week now and I can barely move around and the symptoms are not the common cold. I made a police report and called the health department on this matter. To describe her, she has nasty red hair; it’s usually put up, mid to late forties, blubbery looking and is very sloppy looking attire and mannerism, "she's the manager believe it or not." I dug around into her past life and she's done some serious destruction while ending her marriages, so poisoning someone is just in a day’s activities for her. One of her former acquaintances’ said stay clear of her, she's quite capable of doing malice. To the consumers: Do yourself a favor and eat somewhere that's a recognized food chain. I confronted her about poisoning me and she looked like the devil starring back at me. Another girl there said that she often heard her say that “Visine Eye wash” can put someone down for days, even kill them, “I looked into that scenario and surely enough!, a couple of drops will put down the toughest man in minutes if ingested”. How easy would that be just to squirt some into your water glass?

• Visited April 2013
4 Thank jeff m
“Sick both times eating there!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2013

My daughter vomitted from pancakes and sausage...last summer. We thgt it was a fluke so we tried breakfast again in 3/13..... All three of us feel sick by the afternoon!! Something is seriously wrong there!!

3 Thank Jjkeen
Ohio
“Give the Fig a try!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 4, 2013

Reading some of these reviews, I think the Fig is getting a bit of a bad rap. I have eaten there about 2 dozen times over the past year or so.. always for lunch. I think they offer the best burgers in twon, I usually go for the blue burger or the patty melt. The prices on the lunch sandwiches are very good. The place is always clean and the waitress friendly.. My only complaint is that it is always a long wait to get your meal. I would go more often if I could be sure og getting me food and having time to eat before my lunch hour was up... They definitely need to address the long wait...

• Visited February 2013
Alliance, Ohio
“Great food. Service depends on time of day and server.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2013

Geez I saw how bad some people were beating this place up and I was compelled to rate. Ate at the Alliance Fig around 6:00 p.m on 02/07/13. Ordered wings and salads for 3 of us and a beer. Food arrived in about 15 min. and everything was fantastic. Tina our waitress always runs her butt off for her customers but the same can't be said for all. We have ate at this restaurant quite a few times and all but once when the cook overcooked my fish our food has always been great and the salads are more than adequate. I really don't have anything negative to say other than service is slow at times, but my food is always hot and good. Tina always makes sure we have drinks when we get low. And the prices are very reasonable. We will back to eat there again next week.

• Visited February 2013