“Big menu and lots of desserts”

No photo provided
Cuisines: American
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed June 28, 2012

Had lunch at Grinders, which is apparently a small chain in Ohio, but it had a "local" feel. When you walk in the door there's a big case of slices of pies and cakes, and at the end of the meal the server comes by with a dessert tray, and everything looks so good! I had the 6" Original Eastern Grinder, toasted (our server said "toasted is definitely the way to go" and it was). It doesn't come with a side, so I ordered their home-made potato chips. Both were excellent; the grinder also comes in a 9", but that was way too big for me. My husband got the Sky High Meatloaf sandwich, which was a slice of bread (or maybe the bottom of a bun?), with a big slice of meatloaf on top, and two scoops of garlic mashed potatoes on top of that, covered in brown gravy. That, too, was very good. Tea and soda were frequently replenished. We got a Toll House Brownie (basically a Blondie) to go because we were short on time. Bill came to $19, which we thought was very reasonable for the quality of the food. Service was a little slow, which is why I didn't give it a top rating. The menu is huge - we would definitely go there again.

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Have eaten here a few times...nothing special; however, today my husband's chicken was raw inside! The waiter took it and his salad back...came back with check and they took off the chicken, but still charged him for the salad! Don't know of any restaurant that wouldn't comp your meal under these conditions (he wasn't even finished with his salad!). Expensive lesson learned.

1  Thank TravelbugAlliance_OH
Reviewed June 10, 2012

Wonderful choice of dishes all reasonably priced in a nice informal atmosphere. Great desserts also.

Reviewed April 27, 2012

This is a favorite of ours, the menu is large with a lot of items to choose from! If you are a picky eater, this is the place to go! We always get good service and good food.

Reviewed September 26, 2011

I live just outside of Alliance but we just visited on Sunday after visiting the opening of the new Kohl's store and I am impressed. The one downfall of this place is the menu is quite large, I mean too big. Really you don't need that many options, what I got was awesome. We took the advice of our server who suggested her favorites so we started with spudnicks and french onion soup, both came out quickly and hot. Then I got the original sandwich which is their signature sub, and a cheezy baked hashbrown. Didn't save enough room for dessert but they have a pie case as soon as you walk in the door with homemade pies. Spent for my check alone under $20. It was nice. Will definantly come back.