“Good value hotel with nice breakfast.”

Quality Inn & Conference Center
Ranked #8 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Forest Hill, Maryland
“Good value hotel with nice breakfast.”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

We traveled with a group of 12 teens and adults and needed a place to stay close to I-80 and I-76 in Ohio. We found this hotel to be a good value option for our group. They offered a good AAA discount which helped with the price. We ended up with 4 rooms with 2 queen beds each so we had plenty of space. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The bathrooms were clean but on the small side with the sink, toilet and shower together in a fairly small space. The shower was okay although the water pressure was not great. The hotel was crowded and some of the guests were noisy (I heard this from the other rooms not as much my room).

There is an outdoor pool but we arrived too late to use it.

This hotel is spread out and we were at one of the ends (D door) so we had to walk down 2 long hallways to get to the lobby for breakfast. The breakfast was in a separate large dining area with plenty of seating. The breakfast itself was also very nice, featuring hot eggs, sausage and two waffle makers. There are also numerous pastries, cereals, etc. Our group really enjoyed the hot breakfast. You are not permitted to take food to the rooms (coffee only) but with the nice dining area that was fine.

Some of our group (not me) stayed up late and enjoyed the exercise room and arcade. There is also a Denny's fairly close by.

This was a very good hotel for our group. I would recommend it for groups as long as people realize that the pool is outdoors.

The staff at both check in and check out was friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: For those who don't want to walk a long ways to breakfast I would request a room close to the lo...
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank trajam

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
  • Polish first
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel with my wife and kids. We checked in after 8 p.m. on a Friday and were staying with a group. The toilet had OBVIOUSLY not been clean. There was old urine and hairs right on the basin in front. If I could have changed hotels I would have, but could not as everything nearby was booked.
I was moved to another room. The next morning, I was on my way to breakfast and saw another person leaving the first room. I can only hope that housekeeping cleaned the room, but i doubt it. Additionally the airconditioning did not work in the halls and the hotel was a sauna. The bedsheets were stained, as were the towels. I will never stay here again.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank USCPanther45

Travelers are raving about these Akron hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed June 30, 2012

Let me start out by saying my review would be different if I'd paid less for this hotel room. Being a 2 1/2 star hotel I expected it to have some wear, but paying $100 is over the top. I don't know how the stars are arranged in Akron, but i have stayed at the Hampton up the street and that is 2 1/2 stars as well and it is a huge difference, but i believe you will only have to pay $10 to $15 dollars more. The rooms here are small, and the property is old. I think this hotel should be $65/night and than i'd say you get what you paid for, but until than I will not be staying here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank klassact
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I was traveling through Akron on my way home. After a couple nights on the road I was looking for a place to rest up. I stopped at other hotels in the area and found these hotels to be subpar. Luckily I came across this hotel. It was roughly the same price as other hotels in the area but was a better quality. The front desk staff was very welcoming which was very appreciated after a long drive. When I went to the room I found it to be clean and cozy. I typically don’t like the pillows and comforters at hotels but I have to admit that these were quite good. I was happy to get a good night’s sleep. The washroom was an added surprise – it was very modern. The breakfast lady was a breathe of fresh air – she had a warm quality about her and went out of her way to make sure we got a good warm breakfast before heading home. Hands down the best value in the area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank ChicTraveller2012
Florida
Reviewed May 13, 2012

We chose this hotel after a night at the Red Roof Inn. For about the same money the room was much cleaner and even though we chose a smoking room at this hotel, it did not smell like smoke. The front desk staff were very friendly and always asked if everything was ok with the room. We told them that there was not an ashtray and that the shower head needed changed (no water pressure) and by the time we got back to the room there were ashtrays and the shower head was working wonderfully. The continental breakfast was small however the food wasn't bad. We were only planning on staying one night however we ended up extending for two additional nights. The front desk staff was very understanding and booked us in the same room with no problem.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
3 Thank Dumkat
Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed May 11, 2012

Left my car at this hotel and took the shuttle to Akron/Canton airport. Upon returning, I was told the hotel booked me on the second floor (no elevator) even though the request for a first floor room was made a week before leaving for vacation. The front desk clerk called the owner, and after some discussion, I was booked into a room on the first floor (by the way, I am disabled). The following morning I asked for help with my luggage and was told no one was available. On the way to the parking lot to pull my car up to the front door, I saw the shuttle driver and asked if he would help get my luggage into the car..he said he would after parking his van. When I walked back into the hotel, this guy was nowhere to be found. The owner (who was at the front desk) stated, "the shuttle driver is busy, and we do not have porters at this hotel." So this is how a disabled customer is treated at the Quality Inn. Two guys were coming out of the hotel - I ended up asking them to help me, and they did. This hotel manager/owner is a first class jerk...he has no people skills whatsoever. I don't usually complain about things, but it will be a cold day in ___ before I stay at this place again. The only thing good I can say is that my car was taken care of, and I ended up in a decent room.

Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank cuteolelady
Sun Lakes
Reviewed April 21, 2012

My wife and I are corresponding over our most recent visit to your area in February 2012. We were visiting the Canton/Akron area for a swim meet of which our granddaughters were competing....we had
looked at many hotels in the area, but thought your facility was the BEST location and also the BEST value...and
we were very pleased with everything...from the room, hotel front desk staff, the fitness center, and the dining area., wow, your complimentary breakfast is by far the best of all hotel chains ! The front desk staff and other employees greeted you each day making you feel "right at home" during our stay.

I am a member of Choice Hotels and travel during the year periodically, and try to stay with Choice.....I must say, ,your
Conference Center met our expectations and then some......your staff, very knowledgable , personable, helpful during our
visit....and we'd like to acknowledge your dining area rep, Ana......( I believe that was her 1st name)....she was a joy to
meet and talk with each day ...she was one of the nicest persons we've met....very much in control of your dining area
providing service to everyone.......just a tremendous asset to you staff ! Observing her during our breakfast each day,
just very helpful in every way to those who visited the restaurant ! Please pass our comments on to her..!!

Again, we appreciated the opportunity to stay at your hotel....and look forward to a return visit in the near future...I am
in the airline industry for quite some time now, and do travel frequent, will pass along to all my associates , friends, and family members of our enjoyable visit back in February, with hopes they would also choose your facility for their needs.

your "2 coyote visitors" from Arizona