Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn
Hotels.com
$101
$53
EconoLodge
Red Roof Inn Akron South(Akron)(Great Value!)
$51
$59
EconoLodge
$73
Agoda.com
Quality Inn Akron-Fairlawn(Akron)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
$94
Country Inn
All reviewsiced teac unitrooms are spaciousi'm guessingplenty of parkingsoap boxan older hotelthe hotel staffbreakfast roomnice hotelpleasant stayenjoyed my stayhotel is locatedgreat place to staybiancacolleentournament
Reviewed January 16, 2014

There is absolutely nothing to brag about. The stay was nothing more than just another hotel stay. The parking lot is awkward with not much parking at the front entrance and the back entrance is by the banquet rooms. Anyhow the rooms where pretty standard, pretty clean, not the best in the world but they where okay. Breakfast is not included. The building is older and just needs a major renovation to bring it up to date. The wifi was nothing to brag about but it did work, as long as your not in a hurry. Convenient to many restaurants nearby and shopping.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
tom d, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2014

Dear dkrug10042, thank you for your comments. We appreciate you staying with us and we take every review seriously. We are actually doing several renovations this year, including the installation of High Speed Fiber Optic Internet.
Customer satisfaction is our number one priority and we look forward to you staying with us again.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

The negatives start with the lobby. The cold air from outside blows right in through the lobby, creating a less than warm environment for the business desk or bar. The room wall heater cycles on and off to such a degree that days later, my sinus' are still dried out. Road noise from Market St is comparable to sleeping in a rest area.

But the staff is nice, and breakfast was perfect.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
tom d, General Manager at Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded December 19, 2013

Dear HenryBrentwood_TN,

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. We take all reviews seriously and constructively. We will be renovating our lobby in early 2014 and will make sure your comments are taken into account. Please contact the property directly, so that I can have our engineer address the heater issue. I am happy that your were pleased with the breakfast and our staff. We look forward to your next visit.

Holiday inn Akron-West

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Room was ok, but have stayed at other Holiday Inns that had a more welcoming lobby and nicer rooms. Good thing we are members of rewards program otherwise breakfast was NOT included. Even though our room was across the elevator, it was very quiet

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Grafeo37
Reviewed July 22, 2013

My family and I rented 5 seperate rooms in this Holiday Inn location on different floors. The stay itself was pleasent enough, however when we departed after a 2 night stay, we all had little bites around our ankles and legs that appeared shortly after. All the bites appeared in straight lines and were centralized around the ankle region. After doing some research on the internet, concluded that all signs pointed to bed bugs. It is highly unlikely that we would have gotten the bites from any other source as bed bugs as we did not have any issues prior to our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Franchesca E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded August 8, 2013

Dear Franchesca E,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Akron West Fairlawn, OH. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Dhan M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed July 21, 2013

I stayed here for one night on my way to West Virginia to meet up with a friend for a girl's getaway. I wanted a place with room service and there was one other choice in Akron and I had enough priority club points to stay here for free.

I arrived after 9pm and the two guys that were at the front desk were polite enough, though the one I dealt with didn't seem to know what to do about my service dog. The person I talked to when I ordered room service didn't seem thrilled with her job and I could barely hear her over bar noise, but my order was tasty and correct. The delivery person was very polite and friendly.

Bed and pillows were fine, though the pillows were kind of small. Love the old temperature controls that let you run the fan all the time and drown out other noise. Though some street noise still came through, like sirens. The hotel is on a very busy highway, right off the freeway and near shopping areas from what I could tell.

The bathroom in this hotel sucks as others have mentioned. No full door to the shower means getting wet turning the shower on and water getting everywhere on the floor. Faucet too close to the sink and my toothbrush ended up hitting the sink when I was rinsing it. Though everything appeared clean, that just grossed me out and I had to throw it away.

If I'm in the area again I would rule out this place but I'd look for something else first.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Akron-Fairlawn, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2013

Dear sabinebaby,

Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your stay with us. Guest satisfaction is important to us and we try our hardest to make sure all of our guests have a rewarding experience at our hotel. We rely on you, our guest, to let us know how we are doing and how we can better meet your needs. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. Rest assured that your comments will be reviewed by our team and take actions accordingly.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and providing us a valuable feedback.

Joel B