Tripadvisor

Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Great old-school menu. Lots of great selections. Server was attentive and gave good recommendations.

Date of visit: January 2020
Write a reviewReviews (873)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The crust really made it for me here! Heavy but not too thick, it was just what I needed. We had our standard pep, mushroom and cheese but these toppings were really quality. I would’ve believed they gave us extra cheese! Cash only so be ready.

Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

So... luigis is an Akron staple but not for everyone... it’s not your typical pizza as it has a unique crust and taste and might require a second visit to “get it”... I love their pizza, the ambiance, the salads and most of the food that I’ve had here.

The staff and owners appear to be very sincere and genuine folks and it’s a very comfortable place even though it’s a tad dated.... but that’s what makes it great!

Of note, they only accept cash and there is an ATM on site. I have never used it so I don’t know if the fees are in line with other places.

I suggest trying it... I think you’ll like it.

Reviewed January 7, 2020 via mobile

This restaurant is a staple of the area. It usually has a wait, depending on time, but the food is definitely worth it. The food is always a hit with my kids.
It is, amazingly, a cash-only business. They do have a reader at the back of the restaurant where you swipe your card and get a receipt for the cash amount you wish to charge- no actual cash is dispensed. You take the receipt to the front desk if you do happen to forget your cash, and will get cash back. Seems to me they could just have the card reader at the checkout, so I'm not sure why the odd payment method in this day and age!

Date of visit: December 2019
Reviewed January 7, 2020

The service is amazing, the food is amazing, the pizza is superb and you have to order a salad the best mozzerella cheese

Date of visit: November 2019