“good sushi at reasonable price”
Review of Sakura

Sakura
Ranked #77 of 479 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Reservations, Takeout
Westwood, New Jersey
“good sushi at reasonable price”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

sushi was good. the seaweed salad was one of the best I have tried. highly recommended for casual and business casual dining.

• Visited July 2013

Barberton, OH
“Very good Japanese food - sushi, noodles and tempura.”
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stopped in for lunch the other day and had the lunch sushi and sashimi entree along with some seaweed salad and a soft drink. There were eight pieces of fish and 4 nigiri (seafood on a block of rice). The sushi was fresh and good quality and along with the entree you get miso soup and a salad with a ginger dressing. I happen to really like seaweed salad, and theirs was some of the best that I have had.

The restaurant was fairly busy, but my food came pretty fast. Overall this is one of the top two places in the area for sushi / sushimi. I'm already thinking of going back to try some noodles and an appetizer.

The decor was nice it was clean and inviting and the staff was very friendly. Overall, I would recommend this place.

• Visited July 2013
Akron OHio
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed March 11, 2013 via mobile

This is the best sushi I've had outside of Las Vegas. The staff was like always extremely friendly on our visit. We got a seat in the packed restaurant which can't seat more than 50 people approximately. The rennovated room is beautiful just like the presentation of the food. Soft shell crab is always a good choice. Our assortment of maki sashimi and sushie came out relatively quick based on the filled room. A+ like always.

1 Thank FoodGuruSmuckers
Akron, Ohio
“Good food”
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

The sushi was good but service was just ok. Tght it was silly they charged extra just for a small amt of eel sauce.

2 Thank Ars1300
Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Super Sakura!”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

During a recent business trip, I visited Sakura for lunch a couple of times with my work colleagues and to be honest, I could go every day If I lived there.

Service was great - we were served by the same girl on each occasion (Loren I think) who was friendly, smiling and quite helpful with the menu items. The sushi was usually made on demand so there was a little wait but it was always worth it. I've never really been to a decent Sushi place in the UK - usually it's those conveyor belt places like Yo Sushi or the sushi place at Heathrow airport (T5) but the sushi from here was always tasty and fresh. The only issue is that I could have eaten more, it's not quite as filling as say a Mexican lunch meal or one gigantic subs from a nearby deli but it was definitely my favourite of all the places we visited for lunch.

Prices were good, especially if you took advantage of the lunchtime specials and that, along with the excellent food and good service put this top of my list for lunch around Fairlawn.

• Visited November 2012

Been to Sakura? Share your experiences!