“Low Quality Inn”
Review of Econo Lodge

Ranked #10 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Reviewed September 18, 2012

We stayed here when we played at the Akron Irish Culteral Fest. Pretty beat hotel, compared to other Quality Inns we've used on tour. The windows had weird, gross looking fog caked on them. The outdoor pool was drained - in September. A little early in the year? No fitness room, no guest laundry. We felt isolated without these amenities since the property is right off the freeway, in some industrial/commercial part of town. Even the parking lot was gross, full of pot holes. Depressing.
And the worst part - the free wifi was all but non-existant, barely worked anywhere in the hotel.
Would not stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed August 29, 2012

We chose this hotel because it was inexpensive and, since we were there on business, we knew we would only be in the room for a few hours to sleep. The room smelled bad, there was hair in the tub, we had to wear shoes at all times because we didn't want any part of our body touching the carpeting. The carpets in the common areas were cruddy. And to top it all off at breakfast the coffee was cold! Will never stay here again!

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 27, 2012

I have been staying here about once a week for the last year. Stewart and Nikki at the front desk are always very friendly and helpful. I have never had any issues here and always have a great stay. I have used the internet without any issues, the pool is very nice clean and inviting. Maintenance seems to be work hard getting this place looking nice, carpets were freshly shampooed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Lisa I
Reviewed July 27, 2012

When I got there after check-in my room, which has been reserved for 2 nights for MONTHS wasn't clean, it was apparent what the room had been used for prior as they left a package on the bed which was appalling and embarrassing. So we had to leave for an hour for someone to come clean it, as they were booked. The jacuzzi was cold, there was no HOT water. They didn't supply the room with enough for 3 as requested. I wasn't impressed with front desk's attitude. Why should I even have to tell you whats broke, why don't you ensure that everything in your rooms work. Isn't that what I paid $250 for the king suite for?!? I plan on going back to the area in September and couldn't even get a return phone call from the manager.I had read some bad reviews, but thought I would give them a chance. There was no good places to order food late either.

Room Tip: Call ahead and make sure your room is ready. Dont expect sympathy from the front desk or the manager...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed June 10, 2012

We were stuck staying at this hotel after the best western we had reservations at had only smoking rooms available. This is so disgusting...the carpet in the hallway is soiled and smelly throughout the hotel. When we went to get ice, the area by the ice machine smelled like urine. I couldn't get my family out of here faast enough. They definitely need to take the "quality" out of their name. We paid $109 for a night and it was a complete rip off! The outdoor pool is kept at 70 degrees,-which is what the manager told me...my kids couldn't even stay in for more than 5 minutes. RUN!

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Evansmommy
Reviewed June 1, 2012

scary! outdoor security locks don't work. tried calling front desk x 2 hours to request a new remote. no answer. carpet had beer bottle caps and didn't look vacuumed. we were overtaken by the terrible odor in hallways - was told there was a major leak in meeting room. old musty moldy smell x 10. terrible service...was worried front desk clerk got shot/robbed when nobody answered for so long...too afraid to go check! cheap and now I know why.

• Stayed: May 2012
1  Thank tebow123
Reviewed February 29, 2012

The young woman at the front desk was very pleasant and eager. I told her about the bad reviews. She said they had been trying very hard to improve.

Upon entering the room, the bedspreads were wrinkled and askew. The fluorescent light in the bathroom flickered. The desk person changed it herself while we were at dinner. It still flickered. We had to move furniture to access electrical outlets. As the night wore on, there was evidence that housekeeping hadn't vacuumed very well and didn't check behind the bathroom door.

About midnight the electricity failed. It took the staff nearly two hours to decide what to do. By then we were packing and we checked out.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank lostlw
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
#4 of 11 in Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Comfort Inn Kent
Comfort Inn Kent
#2 of 8 in Kent

Been to Econo Lodge? Share your experiences!