“Great service, old fashioned decor, great steak”
Review of Diamond Grille

Diamond Grille
Ranked #13 of 481 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 14, 2012

My husband loved his long-bone steak but I didn't really love mine (cheapest on menu). We really like the old decor as it was as classic as the people in this place. This place was recommended to us but we had our 2 year old daughter and it is definitely too quiet for children. No kids menu but they offered to cook her something off the menu (how nice). Portions are large so I just shared. Enjoyed overall, thank you!

1  Thank easytravelmom
There are newer reviews for Diamond Grille

Reviewed July 20, 2012

Thisi is an old style establishment with the weight on the old.
Staff is attentive and helpful with the menu
My huge porterhouse really wasn't that tasty.
Make a reservation to avoid complications

1  Thank Brenda C
Reviewed July 6, 2012

This restaurant has delivered great food, prepared and served well for over 60 years. You will see the captains of industry, the elite of the PGA golfers, politicians and regular folks intermixed and all treated well.

This is a rare gem that could not be reproduced. I hope it lasts forever.

Reviewed June 30, 2012

While the decor is not this restaurant's strong suit, you will not have a better steak in ANY city, from the top end steak houses to names like Prime at the Bellagio in Las Vegas. Beef is king here, but don't pass up the fish. My favorite: char-broiled grouper with fresh chopped garlic on top. And the hash browns (ask for them crisp) and get a platter for the whole table, are phenomenal. Like your potatoes a little spicy? Order the Willie Fries. A DG exclusive. Brothers Nick and Ted Thomas run a great kitchen and have the best wait staff in town, maybe in the any restaurant. These gals hustle-yes, all gals and no bus boys. These ladies do it all. I have eaten at this establishment since the 1960s and I can't recall a disappointing meal-ever.

3  Thank trustthistraveler
Reviewed May 30, 2012

My husband has been talking about the Diamond Grille for years...he used to go to Akron on business and had many good dinners here. The atmosphere is a throw-back to smoking days and gold lamé capris. Our waitress Sandy was excellent. My husband had the rib eye and I had the chicken breast. Both were very good; the sauce for the chicken was wonderful. The onion rings were some of the best we've enjoyed.
Prices are not low but entrees included a decent choice of salads and accompaniments. My chicken was $20 which is reasonable, the rib eye was $35 but steak isn't cheap anywhere.
A restaurant's restrooms tell you a lot about the place. The ladies room at Diamond Grille was beautiful and clean.

Been to Diamond Grille? Share your experiences!