“Great breakfast”

Akron Family Restaurant
Ranked #55 of 502 Restaurants in Akron
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I always like to eat at local restaurants when vacationing. The Akron Family restaurant has a great downhome breakfast and the staff was top notch. My only regret is we were busy traveling north and I could not get back in time to try their lunch and dinner menus. If I am ever in the area again I will visit. The hostess was very helpful with directions to RT. 8 out of town. Be sure to get their hash browns - wonderful ! If you happen to be in the area when they have pumpkin pancakes be sure to try. I hate to waste food and the server was very accommodating by bring me only one as requested. Very efficient staff. Anyone that can keep my coffee cup full is great. We stayed in town 2 days and I did not even look for anywhere else to eat breakfast the 2nd day. Great value, excellent service.

1  Thank CBMTRIP

Reviewed July 30, 2013

A great place to stop for breakfast or lunch - or even an early dinner. Food is great! Love the French toast and strawberries! Great food - friendly wait staff and a good value!

Reviewed April 16, 2013

The food can be hit and miss. I've had okay sandwiches, but the breakfast meals are always good. It isn't the great diner experience, which we were hoping for, but it gets the job done. The servers are normally efficient, though not always the friendliest. That's okay. This isn't trying to be a gourmet restaurant. The owners are nice people and they run a good establishment.

1  Thank SetSail035
Reviewed February 23, 2013

My son lives on campus at Akron University and we get together on the weekends to spend time together and share a meal. On this particular weekend we decided to go for breakfast before we ran about town taking care of things. I pulled out my GPS and looked in points of interest under American food-LOL and there you have it-thats how I found it! We like the sound of "family restaurant" and thats why we chose it. It was not too far from campus and it was a nice newer looking restaurant that looked really inviting. When you went in the door your nostrils were CAPTIVATED by the amazing aromas! The place was packed and humming! There was a variety of people, families, couples, and lone diners. The hostess was really friendly and warm and we were seated very quickly. The service was very good-our waitress was attentive and polite. They were young girls and yet they were not flitting about or lacking in attention. I had the hash and eggs and my son had smoked sausage and eggs. The portions were really hearty and the food delicious! You get your moneys worth believe me! I will goo again and again. I cannot wait to bring my husband there! SMILES!!!

1  Thank Celaine G
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Friendly service, great prices, good atmosphere, good food. Loved it, but a bit out of the way for me. If it were closer, I'd go more often.

1  Thank Bronblue

Been to Akron Family Restaurant? Share your experiences!