“Italian with a twist that you can enjoy in three settings...”
Review of Vaccaro Trattoria

Vaccaro Trattoria
Reserve with OpenTable
Vaccaro Trattoria is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 493 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Exit 138 at Interstate 77
Description: Vaccaro's Trattoria offers innovative Italian cuisine as well as classic favorites served in a casual fine dining atmosphere. We have a stylishly appointed bar & an extensive & thoughtfully chosen wine list to complement our menu.
Reviewed January 17, 2013 via mobile

Have been hosting events and going to Vaccaro's for several years now. There are three ways to enjoy this Italian food with a modern twist
Banquet and family style: have a group of 10 - 60 use the room to the left. The staff will set up the room however you need. They have a great list of items to choose from. I tend to give them a price range of what I want for food and allow them to do what they do best... Cook.
Catering: we have had a number of client events catered by Vaccaros. We have always had clients rave about the presentation and the food.
Dining in: excellent job of keeping some traditional Italian foods while giving creativity to the chef. Excellent wine list with an owner and staff that have great knowledge on the wines. If your waiter is new ask for Raphael the owner and he will steer your path to some great wines.
All in all I have had a great experience over the years.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

If you love good food and great service, don't miss this restaurant. It is far and away the best place in Akron. The food is inventive and tasty. The staff are always happy to talk with you about available choices and will attempt to indulge your special requests. The chef is confident in his creations. The combinations of tastes are always well-chosen. Portions are reasonable. I have never had a bad or indifferent meal here. Wines, by the way are very well chosen and the staff very knowledgeable. This is a family restaurant and they care what you think of them.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Superb food and wine. Especially good are the specials on appetizers, salads, entrees. We love retail wine night, and have tried wines we would never have ordered. The truffle mac and cheese remains one of my favorites.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

One day years ago we tried this restaurant on a whim. For fun we had the chef's tasting, with paired wines for every course. We loved it, and have been going back for more ever since. We still order the chef's tasting most of the time when we go there. The food is innovative, and the staff is great. We feel so confident in thier ability we usually just have them bring us food without even knowing what they are going to serve us. My wife has tried many foods she would not have ordered anywhere else. We recommend ordering a special, over their regular menu. A great place to go to celebrate any special event.

Reviewed November 16, 2012

Our BMW Beemer club recently met here for our November get together. Vaccar's was Beeming with service. Our large group of 36 was welcomed and served with the most outstanding service. We were offered a select menu of 3 appitizers, four wonderful salad choices and four enticing Entree' choices. I chose the Stuffed Hot Banana Peppers. They arrived hot and spicy, with enough that we could share. Next my Insalata Mista salad arrived with very fresh greens and a delicate dressing of Vaccaro's own Vinaigrette. My Entree' of Chicken Marsala was delicious and wonderfully presented. I couldn't help but wish that I had ordered my dessert first. I chose the house speciality, homemade dipping sticks.. made with fresh pizza dough, deep fried and then sprinkled with sugar and cinnamon, with Raspberry and Chocolate sauce for dipping. If I had known that this dessert was sooo very wonderful, I would have ordered it as an appitizer.