“So many choices!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children
North Canton, Ohio
“So many choices!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2012

This is a wonderful little Akron place. There is an extensive menu of sandwiches most of which cant be finished in one sitting. There are also a few vegeterian options which is helpful. I've loved any sandwich I've ever tried. There is a large beer selection but I've never done more than look at it while waiting for my food. Definitely a must try for local's and visitors.

• Visited November 2012

Helensburgh, United Kingdom
“Great deli - superb sandwiches.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2012

During a business trip to Akron (OH), I had ben out quite a few times with work colleagues for lunch. We had tried middle eastern, sushi and a couple of Mexican places but on my last day, we decided to try somewhere different and went to Primos.

When we arrived, the place was heaving but a table was found for us and we sat down and ordered our drinks. A bowl of salted potato chips (crisps to us brits) was put on the table and we all checked out the menu. After giving our order, we had to wait quite a bit before the sandwiches arrived but eventually they did and I was faced with one of the biggest sandwiches I've ever tackled.

What you have to remember is that generally sandwiches in the UK are fairly small, it's considered a light bite for the most part. I ordered the seemingly popular Spicy Italian suband it was anything but a light bite. It was basically like two towers of meat and vegetables sandwiched between some grilled bread and it was awesome. The taste explosion was accompanied by grease overdose and I could have done with a shower straight after the meal but it was so worth it.

The ambiance of the restaurant was okay - kind of like an old country style cafe but it was a little cramped with some of the tables pretty close to the nearby tables. The service was intermittent, sometimes slow, at other times attentive although the servers looked fairly rushed and had little time to stay at a single table. One of the weird things I noticed is that there are vacuums everywhere.. I guess they must be used to a lot of stuff falling out of those sandwiches..

Anyway, sto sum it up, great food, okay service and decent ambiance.

• Visited November 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Lewisville, North Carolina
“Terrific!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 27, 2012

We ate here for the first time while visiting family. Not being beer drinkers, we went for the sandwiches which were wonderful! All our sandwiches were tasty, but I have to say my corned beef was some of the best I've ever had! Next time we'll try a different sandwich and hope we have room for dessert!

Dayton
“Brilliant”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 21, 2012

First time diner, on business in Akron. Outstanding beer selection by the bottle and well thought out tap offerings. I had the Reuben on rye...really top notch. Well balanced, great product and unhurried in the preparation - was slowly grilled, warm and melty with a nice crunch to the bread. I was able to score a Righteous Rye Ale from Sixpoint brewery out of Brooklyn on tap which was not only an unusual beer, but delicious and a great compliment to the sandwich. Atmosphere is perfect - oil cloths and plastic baskets of chips as you sit. Casual no fuss dining with high end product. Big thanks to the Primo staff and owners! I will definitely swing by the next time I am in Akron.

• Visited September 2012
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Norton, Ohio
“A True Deli”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

I have had a number of sandwiches at Primo's and am never dissapointed. The food is as good as any deli in New York that I have visited and the people are all friendly.

Visited April 2012