“Best in Akron” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #45 of 469 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Description: Guiseppe's is a family owned and operated pizza shop that has upheld an exceptional reputation for over 50 years. We are the home of Akron's best pizza, and we have the awards to prove it! Stop out and taste what has become a staple of Akronite's diets!
“Best in Akron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2013

Best in Akron. It's neither NY thin nor Chicago style thick, somewhere in between in its own space. The homemade sauce is one of my favorites on a pizza anywhere. Maybe a little greasy but that is OK for me, definitely worth trying. They don't deliver which something I tend to look for when choosing a pizza place. This is one of the few places worth doing your own delivery.

• Visited September 2013

Crossville, Tennessee
“Best in Akron? I hope not.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I had to try this pie due to its TripAdvisor rating. It is OK and average by most comparisons. Its crispy crust is almost identical to a Pizza Hut pan style pizza. It has plenty of cheese and toppings. The main difference is the amount of sauce which becomes evident when you try to pick up a slice and the crust pulls out of the cheese and toppings. It's hard to believe this place has this kind of pizza for 50 years. I don't remember crust this thick on any pizza before the mid 70's in Chicago. I was hoping for a thin crust hand tossed pie. You won't find that here. They don't deliver and they don't accept AMEX.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank ivybeanaverywareman
Angelo Z, Owner at Guiseppe's Pizza, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
Thank you for stopping in and trying our pizza recently, we always are appreciative of new customers. It is unfortunate that our pizza was not exceptional in your opinion, but I can reassure you that we have used the same recipes for our dough, sauce, and sausage for all 50 years of operation. Although pan pizzas may not have been popular until after the 70's, our pizza has been the same style since 1963. We take great pride in keeping our product consistent for such a long period of time. We do offer a thin crust, and I apologize for not making you aware of that option. I hope to have the opportunity to serve you again and make sure everything is perfect.
Akron, Ohio
“The Pizza I Come Home to”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 18, 2013

I grew up a few miles from Giuseppe's, but I have lived in Boston, Dallas, New York ... and never found any pizza that's anywhere near as good as Giuseppe's. No atmosphere - service is indifferent - there's not much else on the menu -- but none of that matters, because the pizza is just the best.

• Visited April 2013
3 Thank CocktailMom
London, United Kingdom
“One of the best pizzas I've eaten”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 3, 2013

I'm English and whenever I'm in town and visiting relatives that live in the Akron area, Guisseppe's is always high on the list of my "go to" restaurants. I usually try to get here on the same day that I fly in and that's exactly what I did last Friday.

For me it's all about the pizza base that brings me back plus they always seem very generous with their toppings. I've had pizza in a few other places in the Akron area but we always kick ourselves that we didn't drive the few extra miles to get to Guisseppe's.

They have a small sit down area next to the take away/to go counter that has three or four tables and chairs in. Quite often I've eaten there, so that the mozzarella was still lovely and stringy as you pull the pizza apart and I'd definitely recommend this.

Apart from pizza they do chicken wings and jojos etc, but its the gorgeous pizza what this place is all about..

If your in the Akron area, hell even if your not n the Akron area but want good pizza, make the trip and come and sample what they are famous for.

• Visited May 2013
“Great Pizza”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 11, 2013

Something about the crust on this pizza keeps us coming back for more. If you are in the Portage Lakes area and are looking for pizza and sandwiches - this is the take-out place I recommend.

Visited May 2013