“Nothing fancy but good food”
Review of New Era Restaurant

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
New Era Restaurant
Ranked #93 of 505 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: American
Reviewed May 3, 2009

If you want to get a sense of Akron, then you may want to stop here. There's standard American fare but there's also European dishes you can't find many other places.
The servers are warm and gracious. The owners are friendly. And sometimes, if you are lucky, the chef -- a 80 year old woman from Europe -- comes out to talk. It really is a fun place to go.

Reviewed November 2, 2008

Poor and I say very poor quality Parikash. Lots of chicken bones they should consider deboneing the chicken the way my hungarian parents do. Small portions and very large prices. I even gave them a second chance the other day because I was in the neighborhood. The swiss steak was smaller than a happy meal size hamburger for 9.00 with a small portion vegtable side.

If you are in the neighborhood don't bother stopping here consider Mcdonalds around the corner at least you will get full and get some change back. All of my hungarian friends are boycotting this establishment because they are upset with what they are getting for their hard earned cash. Try Belgrade Gardens in Barberton

2  Thank meet4
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I stopped by the New Era yesterday. I ordered the daily special. It was creamed chicken over biscuits. Their creamed chicken consisted of boiled and ground chicken mixed with some kind of canned gravy. That is it. I could only take 2 bites and spit the bones. This meal not only tasted terrible, but it also smelled bad. I had to have the waitress remove it from the table because of the smell. The waitress asked me what was wrong, and when I explained that the meal had a bad taste and smell, she offered me a piece dessert to go. I did not complain, and paid my bill. Nothing more was ever offered. In the end, I paid for a meal that smelled so bad I could not sit at the same table with it.

Reviewed January 20, 2008

Ok but not as good as everyone makes it out to be. Experienced slow wait staff and fair food. Nice new building that is true.

Reviewed March 9, 2007

Great menu selection with daily specials.
Lounge area with bar
Cocktails available
Excellent Chicken Paprikash
Hearty portions at reasonable prices
Clean, cheery atmosphere
Great Service
Well lighted ample parking
Can accomodate handicapped

4  Thank richlynds

Been to New Era Restaurant? Share your experiences!