“One great thing about Ohio!!!”

Swensons North Akron Drive-In Restaurants
Ranked #1 of 473 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: American, Fast Food
Good for: Local cuisine, Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Parking Available, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Home of the award-winning Galley Boy! Friendly curb runners serving up fresh, never-frozen burgers, shakes, & crispy extras since 1934!
Akron, Ohio
“One great thing about Ohio!!!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

I haven't been here in awhile, but if you're not from Ohio and want a great burger, other that the commercial Five Guys (which I love) Swensons is amazing!!! The Galley Boy is pretty popular, I myself get a DBL CB w/everything plus ketchup. Yummy!!! Also, potato teasers are a must and a milkshake. You can create your own milkshake flavor for example, PB, chic, and banana..(my fav) Enjoy!

Visited October 2012

Annandale, New Jersey
“A great alternative to the big chains”
Reviewed January 17, 2013

Burgers are tasty and unique in flavor. Car service is fast. So many drink choices. Potato sides are a bit too greasy for my taste, but the kids seem to like them.

Visited November 2012
Green
“Great hamburgers!”
Reviewed January 10, 2013

Swenson's serves great hamburgers and other types of fast food products. I like the Galley Boy and egg salad sandwiches. My wife likes their fish sandwiches and chocolate malts. I think I read somewhere the reason why their hamburgers win so many competitions is because it might have sugar added to the mix to give it a little bit of a unique sweet taste. All I know is the food is great and their service is always very good and the prices are still reasonable.

Visited January 2013
Akron, Ohio
“BEST BURGERS AT A DRIVE IN”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

IF you are in Akron, find a Swenson's. Known for their Galley Boy Hamburger. Sooooo good. They have homemade milk shakes (in every flavor imaginable). They provide curb side service which is very speedy! This is a place that you crave, and no other burger wlll do.

Visited November 2012
Medina, Ohio
“best burger in akron”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Don't get to Akron often but even if I'm not hungry I have to get a Swenson butger. Told my daughter and son in law about it and they didn't know why I was raving about this burger. I took them there and now they know. We make special trips a couple of times during the summer.

Visited August 2012