“Fresh healthy food”

Mustard Seed Market & Cafe
Ranked #15 of 505 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: American
Reviewed August 21, 2012

Restaurant is upstairs open air over grocery store. Very nice atmosphere, friendly staff, and great tasting healthy food. The grilled artichoke hearts (fresh artichokes) were amazing. I had the watermelon salad and really liked it. My companion had the turkey sandwich with avocado and cheddar cheese, multigrain bread and thousand island dressing (his creation), delivered quickly and all ingredients were VERY fresh.

Gabe N, Public Relations Manager at Mustard Seed Market & Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2015

We love fresh and local and are glad you do too! Thank you!

Reviewed August 16, 2012

Inside the mustard seed market is a cafe upstairs with the most unique menu I have ever seen. Want some buffalo? Some ostrich? All vegan? All organic? They have it all. Sandwiches, burgers, salads... I've never had a bad meal there, and while I am not a vegan, I absolutely loved their meatless black bean burger!

Thank you Teri! Take care and see you soon!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

The new Mustard Seed Market Cafe menu still has outstanding sushi. It still has plenty of fish and chicken and bison. But they've really increased the variety of options for people who want to eat meatless.

After the bison meatloaf (mmmmm) a few weeks ago ... warning: if you don't take half of it home, you're going to be uncomfortably overstuffed after two huge pieces of meatloaf, garlic mashed potatoes and the mushroom gravy ... especially if you foolishly order the delicious roasted romaine salad ... it was way too much.

This past Saturday, I ordered the cauliflower "steak". I'm not vegetarian. I like steak. But I also like to try new things and this vegetable "steak" was very tasty, rich and filling. They cut an inch-plus chunk ACROSS the middle of a cauliflower, grilled it nicely then dropped it on a bed of spinach and garlic quinoa. On top was a stew of tomato, eggplant, onion and capers. Outstanding.

Had a bit of the vegan raspberry chocolate torte for dessert (I was too stuffed to eat too much of it), but it was rich and chocolatey (the frosting was like a 3/4-inch layer of fudge).

Very impressed with the new menu. Even if they did do away with the vegetarian bean burrito that was always one of my favorites. And I didn't see much lamb on the menu anymore (maybe that will return as a special). They've also cut back on the seafood options, but still have sushi!

Thank you for the positive feedback! We encourage you to stop in soon and see the many ways in which we have grown with the community!