“Hyde Park is excellent”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 471 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Atlanta, Georgia
“Hyde Park is excellent”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

Don't let the location fool you (attached to a Holiday Inn). The petite filet I had was spectacular. I asked for Medium and that is just what i got. I was able to cut the steak with my fork it was so perfectly cooked. Since I was with business associates, I used a knife. The french fried onions were a bonus. I just wish they wouldn't serve them because I ALWAYS eat every last one of them! The roasted brussels sprouts and scalloped potatoes (sides)were just the right touch. If there was any gripe it would be the Beefsteak, Blue Cheese and Onion salad I had. The tomatoes were far from Beefsteak. Born and raised in the south, I know my tomatoes. Nevertheless, the salad was tasty.
The atmosphere, service and food was remarkable. Recommended.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank shaw988

Cleveland, Ohio
“HYDE PARK AS GOOD AS EVER”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

Visited Hyde Park because of prior good experiences and it did not disappoint. Nicely appointed steakhouse with very professional staff and friendly but efficient service. Discovered dinner special for $20 including great French Onion soup or wedge salad, generous portion of several popular entrees and very generous side dish. Wife had small filet ( small upcharge) which was very good while I enjoyed crab cakes. Three nicely prepared cakes attractively presented with wonderful asparagus portion large enough for two. A slight problem with my meal was immediately addressed prompting the manager to offer a nice salad while I waited for a replacement meal which was delivered very quickly.

The manager, Todd, was most attentive and checked back several times to make sure we were happy. A great value meal experience all around-we will certainly return often.

• Visited February 2013
Miami Beach, Florida
“One of the best tables in Akron”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2012 via mobile

The Excellent Seafood pyramid is a terrific starter for a surf and turf dinner. The Hyde Park is a premium restaurant, but it feels and tastes it every minute of the experience. A highly professional staff, a solid wine cellar and great steaks are to be found on every visit. I highly recommend the Hyde Park for business or pleasure.

Indianapolis, Indiana
“Highly recommend for a special dinner!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2012

Great food and service! Elaborately prepared specialties. Great for a special occasion. Highly recommend!

Visited December 2012
Akron, Ohio
“Top Notch Dining Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Hyde Park is one of our favorite restaurants in the Akron area. They offer an extensive variety of fresh seafood and of course great steaks. Typical entrees are $30-$45, but we like going before six to get the early dinner special. The early dining offers a salad, main course and large side for $19.90. My wife ordered the braised pork shank. It was very large, tender and tasty. I got the filet ( which is a few more bucks) and it was also great. For a stater my wife had the lobster bisque soup while I enjoyed the wedge salad. The candied pecans on it are delicious! We shared our plentiful sides of creamed spinach and steamed asparagus. Our meals were substantial and we could not finish everything so we took the leftovers home and enjoyed the the next day. If you enjoy wine they have a good wine list to pair with your meal. I enjoyed a Malbec with my steak

2 Thank Amease

Been to Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!