“Top Notch Dining Experience”

Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 502 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

Hyde Park is one of our favorite restaurants in the Akron area. They offer an extensive variety of fresh seafood and of course great steaks. Typical entrees are $30-$45, but we like going before six to get the early dinner special. The early dining offers a salad, main course and large side for $19.90. My wife ordered the braised pork shank. It was very large, tender and tasty. I got the filet ( which is a few more bucks) and it was also great. For a stater my wife had the lobster bisque soup while I enjoyed the wedge salad. The candied pecans on it are delicious! We shared our plentiful sides of creamed spinach and steamed asparagus. Our meals were substantial and we could not finish everything so we took the leftovers home and enjoyed the the next day. If you enjoy wine they have a good wine list to pair with your meal. I enjoyed a Malbec with my steak

2  Thank Amease

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We decided to invite two other couples for dinner at Hyde Park. The atmosphere was great and the wine was good. However, the overall experience was poor. 4 of 6 meals were served lukewarm and all four steaks had no flavor. Two of the steaks that were ordered medium came out as rare. The service was good albeit a bit over the top. Management was very apologetic and seemed sincere in their efforts. Our friends that frequent the Pittsburgh location said they have had much better food and service there.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

The menu has a wonderful selection, food quality was outstanding, service was superb.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

Subued lighting, dark hardwoods, Sinatra singing on the sound system, and the smell of steaks on the grill greet diners as they enter the Hyde Park on a Friday evening. Service is prompt and friendly, with the wait staff adorned in classic service attire. The menu is tailored toward steaks and selected seafood: turf and surf well-presented and executed. I would return here, especially to demonstrate traditional style and sophistication.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

Once Flemmings opened in Montrose, we were happy to quit Hyde Park as our local steakhouse of choice. But after five years or so, we gave Hyde Park another try. The place was only half full on a Sat. night at 8PM, not a good sign. This visit would have been rated Average only because their recommended bottle of Cabernet and the house salad were quite good. However, it's Poor because the main courses were a big disappointment. First, they were served on cool dinner plates and the food was lukewarm at best. My wife's filet was ordered medium and came out rare. My grilled Copper River Salmon was ordered "medium" and came out sushi-rare in the center. Both the steak and the fish had no discernable seasoning and no grilled flavor. The contrast between this and Flemmings is striking. Won't be back to Hyde Park for another 5 years.

Been to Hyde Park Prime Steakhouse? Share your experiences!