Red Roof Inn Akron South
$73
Agoda.com
$106
$94
Quality Inn Akron-Fairlawn(Akron)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Hotels.com
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanextra towelssuperior kinga great stayparking lotbudget hotelno frillswould definitely stay here againtwo night staygreat customer servicebusiness tripstaff was very friendlyangelawalmarthousekeepertowner
Reviewed November 3, 2013

I travel frequently in eastern Ohio conducting business for my company and the level of professionalism shown by the staff along with the quality of their rooms is without comparison. I look forward to staying at this property every week because of the value, cleanliness of the rooms and most importantly the attention to detail shown by everyone there.

1  Thank robert e
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Thank you for letting us know how we are doing. I will share this with the rest of my staff. I know they look forward to reading reviews about how they are doing. We all look forward to taking care of your lodging needs next time you are here in Akron .

Reviewed November 1, 2013

The room I had was very nice for the price. The check-out girl (Vanessa) was extremely helpful and very pleasant and polite. She is an asset to the staff.

(It would be nice if they had a full length mirror.... (it's a female thing), and maybe a soap dish on the bathroom counter so the water wouldn't collect.... just a suggestion... not a necessity)

Room Tip: I stayed closer to the office for safety since I was alone.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I will be sure to let the rest of my staff know about your review. I am glad that Vanessa took care of you.

Reviewed October 31, 2013

I stayed @ the Red Roof for 2 nights in late October. The desk attendant @ the time of checking in was very courteous. I did, however, have someone mistake my room for their room @ 2:30 am ( perhaps a last call mistake ). Tried their key a couple times and knocked on the door - then I think it dawned on them what had happened. That was the extent of my excitement those 3 nights.

HBO was available in the room. Caught a couple movies during my stay thanks to that.

The heat was very responsive as well.

I get home - check through my bags - DARNIT! - no phone charger. Then it dawned on me - left it in the room. I thought for sure I was going to have to buy a replacement.

I called them - they transferred me to housekeeping. They had my charger! YES! They sent it to me for no charge. TYVM guys - Repeat customer has just been born.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. My staff works hard to keep our guests happy. They love to see responses like yours. Your charger is on it's way and I have the tracking number if you would like to give us a call. Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Reviewed October 28, 2013

My Wife and I booked this Hotel, based on reviews from fellow TripAdvisor travelers... and we feel like this would fall into the realm of needing to be EXTRA-Cautious when having to trust your stay at a hotel with less than 500 to 1,000 accredited reviews.....

Positives:
The front desk ladies did most everything in their power to try to improve our experience, both check-in and check-out probably both go quickly for most people. I only wished that the cleaning staff cared as much as they did...
The actual rooms themselves were still in (overall) good/newer condition, with the furniture still being in fairly good condition.
There is good amount of lighting and power outlets, the T.V. was also a flat-screen in good working condition... Mini-Fridge and Microwave also available.

NEGATIVES:
1) Too many random people hanging around outside at all times of the day and evening and they were acting REAL shady. Being originally from a side of Akron where a lot of shady happenings went on... I know what shady looks like...

2) Trash not emptied from previous guest... this was in our "Clean" room (keep reading)

3) General LACK OF CLEANLINESS!! (BAD ODOR)

After check-In we walked to our assigned room, only to be met with a heavy cigarette smell as soon as we open the door... which was a little unexpected for a place claiming "100% SMOKE-FREE" on placards and stickers everywhere you looked...... and did i mention that I'm actually ALLERGIC to cigarette smoke?
Well after returning to front desk, we were given key-cards to a different room. After again lugging our luggage to this NEW room?? Yep, you guessed it we were met with an EVEN WORSE smell of cigarettes, this time mixed with heat, since someone maybe thought this would help the smell... It DIDN'T!
Despite my wife wanting to find a completely different Hotel altogether... the front-desk girls promised to help us out, and they did so by finding a (SEEMINGLY) clead room without a stench on the THIRD TRY!

4) DIRTY PILLOW-CASES!

After coming back from celebrating my Aunt's Birthday (well after mid-night)... we were exhausted and just ready to crash, before realizing that 2 of the 3 pillows on our King-Size bed had multiple dark smudges on them. One could maybe expect some type of faint staining on the bedding of some Older, Lesser-Star Hotels... but these WERE NOT STAINS, BUT PHYSICAL SMUDGES of some unknown origin (sorry I Forgot to take photo this time). Needless to say, we didn't use them, luckily had replacement we brought from home..... Plus we were too tired to visit front desk YET AGAIN, so we slept.. showered quickly, and got heck out of there First thing next morning..... Fun!............ (not really)

Room Tip: Choose a different Hotel!!!!
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

I would like to sincerely apologize that you did not enjoy your stay with us. I have reviewed these issues with my staff to ensure that they do not happen again. Thank you for bringing them to our attention. We do have 24/7 surveillance that monitors and records so I can assure you that our hotel is a safe place to be. We also have a police officer here in the evenings. If you are in the area again we would like another opportunity to show you that we listen to our guests and have made the appropriate changes.

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I stay at this Red Roof every time I'm traveling in the Akron/Canton area. For reference, I stay at Red Roof Inns throughout Ohio and the surrounding states.
I enjoy being recognized as a "regular" when I enter the lobby and this in and the people there make me feel welcomed (or welcomed back, really). Being able to walk to places to eat dinner and breakfast is a plus for me.

Room Tip: I always ask for a room on the ground floor because I am constantly getting additional items that I need from my vehical.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We strive to make our guests feel welcome, comfortable, and important so I am glad you enjoy staying with us. I have shared this review with my staff. We all look forward to taking care of your lodging needs the next time you are in the Akron area.