“Great Value”

Ranked #5 of 10 Hotels in Akron
Delphos, Ohio
“Great Value”
Reviewed October 19, 2013 via mobile

For the price I paid for this motel I was pleasantly surprised at how up to date and clean it was. The only issue I had was that my key card was deactivated on the first day of my 2 day visit. Other than that issue it was a great stay for a better value!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Sorry that you had key issues I know that can be frustrating. We will make sure it works for you properly the next time. Being a good value is what we strive for here and we look forward to seeing you the next time you are in the Akron area.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
Marietta, Ohio
Reviewed October 16, 2013

the Marietta Bassmasters just started staying at this motel and it just as good as the one in Falconer NY and a lot better than the RIP OFF one in Erie Pa, we will be back to fish portage lakes next year

Room Tip: close to the interstate so it is little noisy if you are a light sleeper
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank therock1943
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank You so much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. We all are working really hard to provide our guests with a great value when they choose to stay with us. The next time you come our way we will be looking forward to serving your lodging needs.
Chatham
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the RRI on our way home from vacation in Myrtle Beach and Virginia. The distance from Virginia to our home in Canada was farther than we wanted to go in one day and so we looked for a reasonable hotel in the Akron area. The room was clean and comfortable. They now have hair dryers and irons in the rooms. The office staff was helpful, and we were pleased to have restaurants nearby. The only negative would be the very noisy fan in the bathroom that came on every time you turned on the light.

• Stayed October 2013
GeneralManager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, October 14, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Feedback like yours reinforces to my staff the importance of quality customer service. I apologize about the fan we are going to make sure that it is working properly. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you the next time you are in the Akron area.
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I haven't stayed in a Red Roof Inn in years, but was in Akron for a funeral and this was close to the church. I had no reservation, but the office manager was so great about finding me a room and went out of his way to make sure check-in went extremely smoothly. The room was surprisingly very nice, clean, and comfortable. No coffee maker in the room, but coffee is available in the lobby...and it was delicious! I would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: The manager told me the higher up the room, the quieter it would be. He was spot-on...never heard an...
Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
GeneralManager207, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and welcome your comments. Hopefully next time your in the Akron area you stop by and see us again. Glad He was able to assist you in finding a quiet room.
Soddy-Daisy, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed October 6, 2013

If you are in the Akron area and want a nice, clean, comfortable room at a fair price, look no further! We booked a room sight unseen, but once we arrived were extremely happy. The rooms look brand-new, are spacious, very well laid out, and just couldn't be better. My wife even took a bath in the tub! (She's a nurse, so...that should tell you a lot about how clean everything was.) Beds are super-comfortable, everything works, what else can I say. This hotel goes on our list of preferred locations anytime we're in this area. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dianne T
Williamstown, West Virginia
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Stayed two nights. Rooms were nice for the money. Price was as quoted which I can't say that for the Erie, PA location. Only semi negative is the small bathroom. Front desk was very helpful and courteous. I would stay again.

• Stayed September 2013
GeneralManager207, Front Office Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, September 24, 2013
Thank you for your response. We greatly value that you took the time to give us your insight. I will share this with the rest of our staff. Next time you are in Akron please allow us the oppertunity to fullfill your lodging needs.
Gahanna, Ohio, United States
Reviewed September 7, 2013

I've been traveling Ohio weekly for the last 4 months for my job. I always stay at the Roof.
All of the locations have been updated from the floors up. Beds are very comfortable with plenty of pillows. Flat screen TVs and nice working space in the King Deluxe rooms. WI/FI is a simple access and some are better than I have at home. My only complaint is I work nights and sleep in till 11 AM or later and the cleaning carts make way too much noise. Maybe they could put pneumatic tires on the carts and make the walkways smoother. I suppose most people are gone by the time they clean.

Room Tip: Get there early for first floor rooms or call ahead for late check in.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, September 9, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Red Roof Akron, we really do appreciate the feedback. I do apologize that the housekeeping carts disturbed your sleep. I use to work 3rd shift myself and know how difficult it can be to get some sleep during the day. Next time we can put you in a section of the hotel without many guests so it should be quieter for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 10 in Akron
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Courtyard Akron Fairlawn

Been to Red Roof Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!