“Nice and updated Hotel”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Akron
Ohio
“Nice and updated Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 1, 2013

This is one of the nicer Red Roof Inns. They have been remodeled and have Flat Screen TVs as well as wooden floors. I was there for a week and did not have any problems during my stay there. Room was clean. Staff was very helpful and accomodating.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
GeneralManager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, September 2, 2013
Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate the feedback and welcome your comments. Hopefully next time your in the Akron area you stop by and see us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Winter Springs, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2013

We stayed here for 9 days in July 2013 while visiting Ohio. Service was excellent and we had no complaints about the room or the cleanliness. They do not serve breakfast, but there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
GeneralManager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, August 21, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We strive to make all our guests stay a pleasant one. Please stop through and see us the next time you are in the Akron area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2013

Vanessa very helpful on arrival and other shifts. Great location to make it to NFL HOF ceremonies. Paid about same for 3 night stay here as cost of 1 night in Canton Red Roof 10 miles away. One issue - cold coffee Saturday morning.

• Stayed August 2013
GeneralManager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, August 8, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to fill out the survey. At Red Roof Inn Akron we always provide a good value. I will share your comments with our staff as they are greatly appreciated. We have addressed the problem with the coffee and apologize. Please give us another chance to serve you the next time your in town.
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

First room ggiven was on 3rd floor got all the way up there and room was trashed front desk annmarie switched my room very polite and helpful than the next next i got off work to a room with no service Annmarie was busy with other unhappy guest and checkingin with i informed her she was helpful and brought to my room towels and offeted to remake bed which i turned down due to the hard time other's were given her due to there stays and i was unable for 2 days to talk to a manager each shift said he was not in office. Due to all the problems i will never return. But i want to thank annmarie and wish her luck.

• Stayed July 2013
GeneralManager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Thank you for writing a response for our property. I sincerely apologize your stay was unpleasant. We will use your comments to get better as move forward. I know you said that you would not return but we are making a change with management and would like you to give us another chance.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 22, 2013

The hotel is in between my 5 places I frequent, Kohl's, Walmart, Starbucks, and Apple Bees's all within walking distance. There wasn't anything I needed I couldn't walk too... heaven, especially when traveling. The front desk representative Chevelle was very courteous and personable, she made me feel very welcome, she responded to all of my requests with such a positive and energetic attitude that after I checked in I knew my stay would be great. She even called after making it to my room to ensure that I was pleased. She gets 100% on my scale. I chose this hotel after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor and was more than pleased with the results. I will be checking here before traveling for sure.

Room Tip: For great wi-fi get a room ground level close to the front office.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Thank You for taking the time to fill out a survey. We really appreciate the positive feedback. It really gives the staff a boost. We look forward to seeing you in the future!
Laporte, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2013 via mobile

I stay here a couple times a year. My room was not as clean as it was last time I stayed and some of my most favorite desk people are gone which stinks. It was noisy and some woman kept knocking on my door several times thru the night. Service not as good as it used to be.

• Stayed July 2013
Thank you for your response about our property. At Red Roof Inn Akron we strive to be better than "okay". I have addressed this with the staff and would like you to stop by and give us another chance to serve you in your future travels to the area.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

We decided to stop spur of the moment. Everything was amazing! Whole hotel was smoke free. It was amazing. Couldn't ask for a better stay. Room was spotless. Beds were very comfy. And the service was amazing!! Very modern style to the room as well.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Mj5687
GeneralManager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, July 10, 2013
Thank you for your review! I am glad you enjoyed your stay. At Red Roof Inn Akron we strive to give you the cleanest rooms at the best possible price. I will share your comments with our staff.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 10 in Akron
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn

Been to Red Roof Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!