Red Roof Inn Akron South
Agoda.com
$110
$106
$94
Quality Inn Akron-Fairlawn(Akron)(Great Value!)
$75
$63
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
  • Pool
All reviewsfront deskroom was cleanextra towelssuperior kinga great stayparking lotbudget hotelno frillswould definitely stay here againtwo night staygreat customer servicebusiness tripstaff was very friendlyangelawalmarthousekeepertowner
Reviewed July 25, 2011

My stay at Red Roof Inn was great. The staff was all very friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and very updated. When we got in our room, 326, it seemed almost as if it was damp in there but i assumed it was because of the humidity we had been having all week. We had some neighbors who were loud but it didn't bother me. After i had gotten into bed and started to fall asleep i woke up to a sound of two loud knocks on the door at around 330 in the morning. I didn't get up because i thought it was the neighbors but when i looked towards the door i saw a figure of a man. He was standing there first looking at me and then he slowly moved and turned towards the door and after about 10 or 15 seconds he disappeared. I knew i had seen a ghost but i wasn't frightened and i didn't feel any sort of harm from the ghost. I can describe exactly what he was wearing only he wasn't in color, it was almost as if he was see - through and thats the onoly way i can describe because i could see the outlines and the full bodied figure of the man but he was almost invisible. He was about 5'7", wearing work slacks and a tucked in button down plaid shirt. His hair was short and he looked old and his hair looked gray. I'll never forget the man i saw in room 326 at Red Roof Inn!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Ruhnaynay
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We always appreciate our guest's comments regarding their recent stay.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

The room was clean, however we had to go to the front desk to get clean towels the two days we were there and empty our own trash. The first day, our room was not cleaned because of the dog in our room. What dog? We were not traveling with a dog. The second day, my husband actually asked a young lady for more towels and if she can empty the trash. She replied, "No problem." We even left a tip in the room. There must have been a problem because when we returned later that evening, our room was not cleaned again. The air conditioner was so loud that we had to turn up volume of the TV. When we return to Akon next year, we will not be staying there.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank LucyT2281
manager207, Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Akron Red Roof. I am sorry that we were not able to make your experience an enjoyable one. Please accept my sincerest apologies.

We strive to provide every customer with superior service; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I want you to know that I have reviewed your informaton with my staff and we are taking the appropriate measures to prevent any future occurrence.

Reviewed July 18, 2011

I was in town visiting family in the area. This Red Roof Inn is conveniently located off of I-77. The room was spacious with a nice desk area. The free Wi-Fi worked very well. The bed was comfy and the bathroom was very clean. The room did have a bit of a musty smell but everything else was good.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to right a view about us! I appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay at the Akron Red Roof.

Feedback from our guests is always welcome as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Reviewed May 21, 2011

This is the third or fourth time I've stayed at this hotel over the years.
1. The room, bedding, tub/shower, commode, etc were all spotless. The room was stocked with towels and toiletries and the TV worked properly with a good range of cable TV and local stations. The bedding was clean, comfortable and n good repair. Good pillows!
2. It was dead quiet, especially on the south side of the hotel.
3. The hotel was secure and well lit. I noticed the local police patrolling through the area including driving through the parking lot.
4. The staff treated me like a long lost relative. Unlike a lot of businesses today, they actually thanked me for my business.

For an economy hotel, this is a good place to stay. If you want a five star hotel, go to a five star hotel and spend $300 more per night. (I used to travel 90,000 miles a year on business and spent many nights in four and five star hotels. I know the difference between a five star hotel and a Red Roof. Most reviewers should, too.)

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled solo
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded May 25, 2011

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on our hotel. I really appreciate the time and detail the you took. This is the continued experience that we strive for during each guest stay. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip to the area.
Thank you again.

Reviewed April 21, 2011

Had to come to town to work. if you come here, you better bring your own stuff because you arent going to get what you need here. we were gone most of the day and our room was not cleaned for severl days. when we called the office to get fresh towels and toiletries, they had no wash clothes to give us and were out of toilet paper. with three of us in the room, this didnt work well for us. we had to go to walmart and buy our own tp. the office was very very sorry and apologized but that is not a good way to have a hotel. the people who work there are very nice and in the morning and there was always hot corffee ready for us before we go to work. they should offer some type of breakfast or something, which they dont. and there internet wont connect.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2011

Thank you for your comments. Seeing it through the eyes of the customer is the only way we will ever be able to improve ourselves.

The statement is correct that we did run out of supplies. We had a large number of unexpected workers come to our area and we were not prepared. With that being said, as soon as the shortage was known I went directly to a local warehouse club and purchased toilet paper and washcloths. These are basic amenities that we must provide at all times. I apologize if I did not have the items back on property in time to distribute to you.

I know the room service was a little hectic with so many workers on a variation of the 3 shifts. I am so sorry if we had your information wrong. We are working on a better way to communicate for any future situations similar to this.

Thank you so much to all of you that stayed. We enjoyed everyone while they were here. I hope we will be able to better service you in the future.