“Dont waste your time”

Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Akron
Laporte, Pennsylvania
“Dont waste your time”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2011

Had to come to town to work. if you come here, you better bring your own stuff because you arent going to get what you need here. we were gone most of the day and our room was not cleaned for severl days. when we called the office to get fresh towels and toiletries, they had no wash clothes to give us and were out of toilet paper. with three of us in the room, this didnt work well for us. we had to go to walmart and buy our own tp. the office was very very sorry and apologized but that is not a good way to have a hotel. the people who work there are very nice and in the morning and there was always hot corffee ready for us before we go to work. they should offer some type of breakfast or something, which they dont. and there internet wont connect.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
manager207, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Akron South, responded to this review, April 26, 2011
Thank you for your comments. Seeing it through the eyes of the customer is the only way we will ever be able to improve ourselves.

The statement is correct that we did run out of supplies. We had a large number of unexpected workers come to our area and we were not prepared. With that being said, as soon as the shortage was known I went directly to a local warehouse club and purchased toilet paper and washcloths. These are basic amenities that we must provide at all times. I apologize if I did not have the items back on property in time to distribute to you.

I know the room service was a little hectic with so many workers on a variation of the 3 shifts. I am so sorry if we had your information wrong. We are working on a better way to communicate for any future situations similar to this.

Thank you so much to all of you that stayed. We enjoyed everyone while they were here. I hope we will be able to better service you in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Cleveland, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 17, 2011

While the price is right and the accomodations were comfortable, I will not stay here again. They say your business is as good as your employees, and what I encountered was unsatisfactory. A maid, clearly drinking on the job for you could smell the alcohol on her breath, became involved in an altercation with one of the guests whose husband she was rubbing up against. Very unprofessional. As a business owner, I would not employ people of this caliber. The check in staff was very courteous, the room very clean but this display of unprofessionalism was clearly my breaking point.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
There are no words to express my regret and sincerest apologies for the actions that were witnessed that day.

We do not in anyway condone her behavior. Up until that point she had been a stand up employee. However after that moment she was no longer employeed by our company. As you stated, this is not the caliber of employees we strive for either. And I believe, based on your other comments, this was not what you encountered from our other individuals.

I would hope we would have an opportunity to serve you again in the future. Again, I send my deepest apologies.
Cedarville
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2010

We stayed here , arriving late for an early airport departure. Front desk clerk decided it was more important to go to the laundry room than check us into our room, but we did get checked in Room was average, clean enough. It looked as though there had been recent renovations on the inside, but still leaves something to be desired on the outside. Police car parked across the parking lot for most of the night. I don't think I'd go walking around outside in the evening, but it suited our purpose for the night.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your comments in regards to our property.

It is true from time to time the desk agent may be required to obtain something from the laundry room. I am sorry for any delay this may have caused in your timely check in process.

As for the police car, our guest's safety is very important to us. We have an excellent relationship with our local law enforcement and they do what they can to ensure your comfort and safety.

Thank you again for taking your time to tell us about your experience.
Adams Mills, Ohio
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2010

I stopped at this Red Roof Inn because the big lit sign said rooms for $39.99. It is a massive 3 story building. There were maybe 6 cars in the lot. There was also a sign that said Free Wi Fi. I went to check in, and was told the only room available was $54.99! When I got to the room, I found I was unable to get on the internet. I called the desk and was told that the complimentary internet was only available in the 'All Inclusive King Room'. So I had to pay More than the advertised price and was not able to get on the internet as was advertised. There was no refrigerator. No coffee maker. No breakfast. I won't ever saty there again.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business
I offer my sincerest apology for your experience during your last stay. Your satisfaction is very important to us and we are working to prevent anything like this from occurring in the future.

One way we have done this is to remove the banner that caused some confusion and we do offer free wifi in all rooms now. We do offer the microwave, fridge and coffee makers in our superior king rooms.

Your feedback helps us correct problems that may arise from time to time. Thank you for helping us provide a better stay going forward. I am only sorry that it did not happen for you during your last stay. I only hope that you will give us a chance again in the near future.
Durham, NH
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2009

I have always loved Red Roof Inns...this time, I was very disappointed....for one, they advertised internet available but it is only available in their "King all-inclusive package". The room smelled terrible and the traffic from both Wal-mart and the interstate was loud. There was no refrigerator or microwave and quite a walk for even ice. I heard police sirens all night and definitely felt unsafe staying here. I would never choose this place again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled solo
I am so very sorry for disappointing you during your stay. Your safety is one of our top concerns.
I apologize that I do not know why the police where so busy that night. Unfortunately we don't have much of a say in that. One thing we do have is a great relationship with our local law enforcement. They are frequently driving around our lot to ensure the safety of our customers. They do an excellent job.
We do continue to strive for better amenities and service. We do offer free wifi to all guests now. And if your travel requires a refrigerator or microwave those are available in our superior king rooms.
Again, I apologize for last stay. My hope would be that we could better serve you in the future.
littleleej
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2009

After a long day on the road, it was very pleasant to be greeted by a warm friendly smile and made to feel at home. At 3 AM we were very tired but the night clerk, Deb, was such a cheery, warm person. She knew we were tired and the check in was quick. For some odd reason there were no towels in our room and she was right there at our door to deliver them to us, as late as it was. The room was clean, could have been better, but the friendliness of Deb made it wall worth while. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled on business
Thank you for taking the time to post such caring comments about our hotel. I will be sure to pass along the information to her.

We look forward to being able to serve you again if your travel brings you back to the Akron area.
Augusta, Maine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 24, 2009

This Red Roof Inn was just okay. Our last hotel was much nicer than this, for a lower price. This hotel did meet our basic requirements but could be cleaner and our room could've had a fridge. Even though this hotel wasn't great, it's good enough for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please accept my sincerest apologies.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#5 of 10 in Akron
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
WoodSpring Suites Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn

Been to Red Roof Inn Akron South? Share your experiences!