“Not so great”
Review of Chapel Hill Mall

Chapel Hill Mall
Ranked #43 of 52 things to do in Akron
More attraction details
Owner description: Chapel Hill Mall offers a fine selection of stores such as JCPenney, Macy's, Sears, and other specialty retail shops. You can also grab a bite to eat at one of the many restaurants.
Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

This mall used to be top notch
, but the current mix of stores leaves much to be desired. It's fine to pick up something quick, but NOT a shopping experience. They have a no unaccompanied teenagers policy in effect on the weekends.

1  Thank happyonabeach
There are newer reviews for Chapel Hill Mall

Reviewed July 17, 2013

Not a bad place for a little shopping. Didn't like the area and the traffic at all. A few stores I was looking for I couldn't find, and I didn't find them here either.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

I've been reading the reviews on Chapel Hill Mall on TA and I'm wondering if these people have been to the same place as I have? You know what? Is it the same as it was all those years ago when it was first built? No I guess it isn't but from reading some of these other reports on the place its been sounding as if its a scene from "World War Z"!!

The fact that it doesn't "Have a McDonalds" is a reason why someone gave it a one star? Really?

Yes, its not Summit Mall, its not even Belden, but it still has great shops, a decent food court for a something to eat and ample parking.

I honestly don't or wouldn't have any reservations in coming here and shopping. Please don't forget the saying, "Use it or Loose it". Please don't read these reports and stay away because of them. Come and shop, have a look round.

5  Thank Rinkydinkpinkpanther
Reviewed April 9, 2013

I always find good deals here, whether in Sears, Lands End, Victoria's Secret, Bath and Body, Macy's....someone always has a clearance, seasonal promo, or special something going on.

This is an older mall, and it shows. Outside still needs TLC. Parking areas still look cracked and faded, needing a resurfacing. Inside they are renewing it: lighted water feature, benches, inflatables area for kids, ride-on features in food court: such as bungee swings, or merry go round.

Restrooms are not usually nasty but never what I call inviting either. The Turnpike is usually cleaner.

Food court has a range of choices: Japanese, Thai, pizza, pretzel, ice cream, Starbucks, hamburgers...

One level, lots of walking. Traffic is free to flow. Inside it can be crowded. Access is easy, plenty of entrances off of main roads, and many more stores nearby in strips across the street, and down the road towards Rt 8. (Marcs, Target, Akron Music, Joann Fabric, Value City Furniture, Burlington, Target, Panera, Eat-n-Park, Applebees, Bob Evans, Steak n Shake) A couple car dealerships are near the Rt 8 exit too.

2  Thank Carla R
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This mall use to have a McDonalds it no longer does I mean that's ok but a few years back my friend got her windshield smashed while at work at Sears here. They use to have an Abercrombie and Fitch I believe but no longer they had a pet store which got closed down it was more like an overpriced puppy mill poor pets :( now if you look under eighteen and don't have an I'd on the weekends you can't enter the store IM 25 & they wouldn't let me in until I went back to my car and got my liscence to show them. It's full of ghetto stores with the few exceptions like Victorias secret and American eagle......it's full of thugs and people looking for a fight I myself am very afraid to shop here I'd rather drive an extra half hour and go to summit mall it's not the biggest mall but slot safer and they have better stores or beechwood in Cleveland is good but chapel hill is turning into rolling acres big time and needs to be shut down it's a safety hazard to all IM not joking this mall is not safe!!!!!! Or clean

3  Thank emilyhannahswith