“A+ Under Holiday Conditions”

Fleming's Prime Steakhouse & Wine Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 476 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Rothrock Loop
Transit: Public transportation is available within a block of our location on Medina Road.
Description: Fleming’s Steakhouse is the ultimate steakhouse destination for people seeking a stylish, lively and contemporary dining experience. Nationally renowned for our USDA Prime beef and steakhouse fare, Fleming's is equally celebrated for the ‘Fleming’s 100’, our award-winning wine list that features 100 wines by-the-glass, many available at $10 or less. While Prime beef reigns supreme, other flavorful dishes offered include chops, freshly grilled fish and poultry, generous salads and side orders. Whether you're enjoying a casual bite and glass of wine in our bar or an evening of indulgent dining, our goal at Fleming's is to provide an ongoing celebration of exceptional food and wine, to be enjoyed in the company of friends and family. We look forward to the pleasure of your company.
UNIONTOWN
“A+ Under Holiday Conditions”
Reviewed May 13, 2013 via mobile

Flemming's passed the test of performance under the pressures of holiday conditions ! We tend to avoid the very popular restaurants on the major holidays. Often even the best of them faulter when adding a holiday buffet and business is excessive. On Mother's Day performance by the dining room staff, the kitchen and management were a delight. They earned an A+ for making Mom's day.

• Visited May 2013

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Friday Night”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

This was our first visit to Fleming’s, Akron Ohio. We were seated promptly at the reserved time and the staff was professional throughout the evening. We started the evening with the small plate of Ahi tuna which was seasoned and prepared well and we followed that up with the signature Flemings salad and the house Caesar salad, both were fresh and present well. For the main course my wife tried the filet mignon special that night and I had the Scottish salmon. All the food was excellent both in taste and presentation. Their wine list is extensive and should appeal to everyone. The Flemings at this location sits next to a Chick fil A , parking is limited so we actually parked in the shopping center and walk over to the restaurant. As we arrived at the front door we noticed that they provided free valet parking which utilized most of the spots next to the restaurant, maybe it’s me but the whole concept of valet parking when you can easily park yourself seemed comical. Overall experience was good, prices are high ,service is excellent, menu offers good choices.

• Visited April 2013
Cleveland, Ohio
“Over priced and mostly dissapointing”
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Went there earlier this week with my wife and two kids. The service was very good, however, the glass of wine was a small pour and two out of 4 steaks very vastly undercooked. One they got right on the second try...my ribeye had to go back twice...the problem was they heated it on the plate and it kept cooking once they returned it to me...then it was over cooked...dry and tough and very dissapointing. To their credit, they took it off the bill, but i would have rather paid for it and had the delicious steak was thinking about all day.

• Visited April 2013
“Utterly Disappointed… Speechless”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

My spouse and I met two other couples at Flemings in Montrose/Akron Ohio a couple weekends ago. The one couple raved about the steaks and said they topped any other restaurant he had been too. We were very excited to try this place out. We decided to go about an hour early to have a quick drink and relax before we had dinner. Entering the restaurant we were delighted with the atmosphere and bar area. The bar was crowded so we went to the end of the bar and requested a beverage and figured we would just stand around and wait for a seat to open. After a 20 min wait we were seated at the bar but within seconds of sitting down the bartender rudely stated that there was another couple ahead of us waiting on those seats. We politely let him know that we waited, had drinks in our hands and the other couple just arrived. He indicated there was a list you had to put your name on to be seated at the bar. Now mind you the bartender served us, knew we had no seats to begin with and never mentioned a list. When I asked to see the couples name on the list he said never mind and walked off. Well two seats opened up next to us and evidentially there was no list because someone else took the seats and the younger couple still stood. Hmm. After a short while our friends arrived and we were seated at our table. We promptly ordered our food and proceeded to wait over an hour to be served, when questioning the waitress she said she would check on our meals. A few moments later our meals arrived and three out of six meals were just horrible, 3 burnt filets for us…. I mean dried out burned $40 steaks… not the prime steak I was wanting and the green beans were just hard and tasteless. I did not say much until the others did, which at that point I started getting frustrated as $40 for a piece of burnt meat was just not right. So the manager came over said they would cook 3 new steaks and would comp our three meals. Good… all taken care of… but then… 45 min later…. new steaks arrived. My filet was now butterflied burnt and resembled leather(I ordered my steak to be cooked medium)… the other girls steak was rare as rare can get… like NOT COOKED…. mind you she ordered her steak to be prepared medium. The other gentleman his meal came out and his steak was halfway cooked. The waitress told us there was a problem that night and all her tables had issues with their food. Whew… just not us LOL… anyway the manager came over comp all meals and gave each couple a $75 gift certificate. If anything came out of this 2.5 hour meal that ended up with us leaving a well-known expensive restaurant hungry was the customer service we received from the Manager. His name was Barry. He was very polite, apologetic and a little overbearing. He even chased us down in the parking lot to apologize again, but knows the meaning of customer service. I now have a gift certificate to return and try this restaurant again, not that $75 will cover two meals. Not sure if it's worth the return, but if I do I hope to give this review a 4 star at least.

• Visited March 2013
1 Thank Charlienohio
Akron, Ohio
“Just Simply Awesome!!”
Reviewed March 17, 2013

I took my husband here last nite to celebrate his birthday. They knocked my socks off literally from the time we parked to car until we left! Excellent customer service is over the top here! Every single employee of this restaurant made sure that our every need was taken care of. That's just the beginning. The food was excellent, well prepared and artfully presented. I was particularly impressed with their use of new technology by presenting us with an Ipad digital wine list to browse. Overall, we had an excellent meal and a lovely birthday dinner. I will definitely return here, even if just for appetizers and drinks. Yes...it is expensive, but worth every bit. After many disappointments at restaurants in Akron, I have finally found one that meets all my expectations, and then some.

• Visited March 2013