“Typical Large Asian Restaurant”

Cilantro Thai and Sushi
Ranked #50 of 571 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Sushi, Asian, Chinese, Thai
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed September 26, 2018

Our hosts took us to Cilantro for a business dinner. Very casual place. Our server did not seem very knowledgeable about the menu. We had sushi and some of the curry dishes. Everything was good but not great. It is a big restaurant but not overly crowded (tables are far enough apart) and not too noisy either. We enjoyed ourselves.

Date of visit: September 2018
1  Thank 636darylk

Reviewed September 24, 2018 via mobile

I was visiting Akron for some meetings at the University and decided to give the highly rated Cilantro a try for lunch before my afternoon appointments. The décor inside is quite open an airy so that even when very busy, you never feel hemmed in by your fellow diners. For lunch I opted for the Thai red curry Gang Dang with chicken. This was an excellent curry with coconut milk, bamboo, eggplant, red & green peppers, and Thai basil. When ordering, you are able to select a “spice level” in a range from 1-5, with 5 being the most spicy. I like spicy foods, so I opted for a 4 on this dish and was rewarded by some minor lip tingling associated with the spice level. Really well done. I enjoyed the meal so much, I came back the next night with a colleague for dinner. Definitely worth a stop if you find yourself in Akron.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed September 8, 2018

One night before an Akron Rubber Ducks Baseball game we decided that instead of standing in line for an hour we would have dinner at Cilantro next door to the Stadium. Best decision ever. The restaurant is beautiful and spacious. The staff is friendly and the food is amazing. We ordered small dishes (as we needed to save room for a ballpark dog) and we were filled. The food is fresh, clean, and sooooo tasty. Best of all it is very affordable.

Date of visit: July 2018
1  Thank chefedl
Reviewed August 20, 2018

Exquisite presentation of fine Asian food- I enjoyed the shrimp and Husband had the salmon. Very nice cocktails and wine available. Enjoy the surroundings!! The bar area is gorgeous,too.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank SusanRN1116
Reviewed June 14, 2018 via mobile

We went there to celebrate our friend's birthday. The food was really good. We had Thai and Japanese food. It was delicious! I tried hot saké for the first time. Loved it! The Panang Curry was really good. Pineapple rice, vegetable roll, and Sake Sushi with salmon was also good. We had a wonderful meal and enjoyed celebrating with family and friends.

Date of visit: May 2018