“Just good Italian food”
Review of Papa Joe's

Papa Joe's
Reserve with OpenTable
Papa Joe's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #18 of 553 Restaurants in Akron
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Portage Trail
Description: The Iacomini family has been in the restaurant business since 1932 in beautiful Akron, Ohio. We are celebrating our 30th anniversary in the Merriman Valley with the 4th Iacomini generation. Our family at Papa Joe's Iacomini's invites both you and your family to a traditional Italian dining experience. We are known for our diverse menu fueled by the freshest seafood, center cut USDA choice steaks and chops as well as our authentic Italian cuisine. We pride ourselves on consistency in our day to day operations in order to provide you with the excellence in dining that you deserve. It is through this consistency dating back to 1932 that is the reason we have been proud enough to serve the greater Akron area for over 80 years! We are close to Weathervane Playhouse, Stan Hywett Hall and Garden, and Blossom Music Center We look forward to providing you and your family the delicious and memorable experience that cultivates from the traditions of the Iacomini family.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I have been going to Papa Joe’s for a long time. We usually like to go at lunch time and eat in the bar. The food is always tasty and plentiful no matter what you choose. The wait staff is always courteous and capable. Good little place to visit.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

On a business trip & I arrive at the hotel around dinner time but a little later-I asked front desk for recommendations & they gave me a few chain restaurants but I wanted something better so THANKS to TripAdvisor I found Papa Joes - authentic Italian food, very nice atmosphere - I sat at the bar & ate - Lori was incredibly helpful with my wine & food selection-I got the lasagna & it was the BEST! I enjoyed the wine so much, I bought two bottles to take home. I met a few friendly people at the bar who helped me feel welcome-it was clear local folks go there often because of the food, service & quality. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Included lunch stop on a day tour bus trip -- no choice but OK Chicken parmegian. Excellent white garlic salad dressing -- bought a container to enjoy at home. OK side of spaghetti but nothing special about the tomato sauce. Yummy lemon 'tarts' for dessert.

Reviewed October 29, 2018

Papa Joe's has always been a great place. I have come here so many times i can not count and it is always wonderful and wonderful staff too

Reviewed October 1, 2018

Came in from out of town (90+ miles) to take our daughter to lunch. Service was very good (B+), I rate the food as a C+ while my wife gives it a B-. I had the lunch ½ sandwich and soup special from the menu. My daughter had the Lasagna entrée which came with a side salad. Food arrived in a timely fashion & server worked hard and was polite (despite many Friday large groups in the restaurant). When I received the bill, I noticed an up-charge for the blue cheese dressing and for my Lobster Bisque. There was not any indication on the menu (took pictures later) nor did the Waitress indicate an extra charge for the items. I believe this is in conflict with Ohio pricing laws and is certainly opportunist and in very poor taste.

I spoke with the Manager Joe (Papa?) to voice my concern. I stated – it’s not so much the $, but it’s the ‘principle’ to mislead customers. He was totally oblivious to my complaint and immediately defended his extra cost for better salad dressing. He refused to understand that this is an unfair business practice. There was no resolution or apology.

As mentioned, I was from out of town, drove a while and told him the city I was from. It was irrelevant and intimidating that he asked where exactly I lived (in that city). As I departed, he criticized my character by calling me an angry person.

I don’t think he still realizes that what he is doing is wrong. My point is, it’s deceptive and by silently up-charging many customers in one day, he is raking in hundreds of extra dollars per day. What a shame.

Double check your bill and ask questions!!!

2  Thank DisappointedwithPapa