“considerably disappointed”

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #10 of 10 Hotels in Akron
“considerably disappointed”
Reviewed March 31, 2006

My complaints on a 2 day visit....carpet was stained in several places, one by the bed that appeared to look and smell as if someone had gotten sick....numerous scuff and dirt marks on the walls.....heating extremely loud drowning out any attempt to watch TV or listen to the radio.....mold growing on ceiling in bath room.....insisted on non-smoking and at the time it may have been but could confirm that it was a smoking room just prior to my visit, (especially noted when heat turned on)....absolutely the worst parking accomodations that I have ever experienced....urine odor throughout hallways and elevators leading from garage to hotel.....if driving a van, as I was, had to park in a seperate section that had no one there to let you out, (had to have them called as the intercom did not operate).....I found only two things that could be considered as rewarding...(1) the staff were very nice and (2) signing out to return home. I have traveled for many years, attending many hotel and motels throughout many states. This is the first time that I was so disappointed that I have written so. Radisson has assured everyone through their literature that they offer a guarantee on satisfaction. This customer has written them asking them to honor that promise. That response will dictate if my company, or I, ever return to another Radisson in our travels. The viewing of this web site should be a prerequisite each and every morning for all employees of the Radisson chain. And corrective action should be swift and sincere when cause has presented itself such as outlined above.

• Stayed March 2006, traveled on business
7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Hudson, Ohio
Reviewed March 12, 2006

My daughter and I stayed here for one night due to a concert in the area. The room was okay, beds really are too close to the floor. BUT, I have artificial hips and the raised toilet was a SUPER PLUS for me!!!!! We asked for a high floor, were put on the 18th, awesome view of city and also sunset, but windows were filthy, inside and out. Bathroom area was nice, but a little slippery. Pool was neat, on 20th floor. Room was warm but water was very cold. Windows there were dirty also. We decided to order room service for dinner. I can't say enough good things about the food! It was excellent! My daughter loved her pasta. I ordered steak, it was done perfect and the potato was still steaming. The bread they served was very good also. I was a little leary about ordering from a hotel that is not very busy this time of year, but it was well worth it! Bar closed early for a Saturday night. But we had a great time anyway. The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful. Would definitely stay again!!

• Stayed March 2006
1 Thank Drene
Toronto, Ont.
Reviewed October 2, 2005

This is the worst hotel I've stayed in. We were greeted with a horrible smell upon entering our room. I think it was coming from the AC, but whatever it was, it was AWFUL. The bathroom wasn't very clean either, and the vanity area wasn't bright enough. The showers are great, as long as you're 5' 6" or under!
The front desk staff were pretty useless too. We tried to make a collect call to Toronto and each time we tried, we were told our call could not be competed and to contact the opertor by dialing 0. When we dialed 0, that call couldn't be completed either, and then it would go through to the front desk. When we asked her how to make the call, the woman who answered the phone didn't even know if they had an operator, let alone how to contact one!
We then tried our luck at the hotel bar...well let's just say things didn't improve. I asked for a shooter, a B52. The bar tender actually responded with "a what?, boy, that's from old school, what's in that again?" Even after telling her how to make it, she still didn't get it right!
Then there was the noise. Doors slamming, people yelling back and forth from room to room, and down the halls. This went on from about 2 a.m. till about 4:30 a.m. We called down to the front desk only to be told "yes, we know who it is...they were at a wedding". Like I care? I had to call them 3 times, and still no one came, not even security. I wonder if they even have security? We even complained about it at check out time, and they still didn't seem too concerned about it. I would not consider this a cheap hotel in terms of their rates, but it's certainly cheap in every other sense. Bottom line...DON'T STAY HERE! Bad service, bad staff and obviously bad management. Shame on you Radisson.

• Stayed October 2005
4 Thank Chiquita

Travelers are raving about these Akron hotels

lith,il
Reviewed September 25, 2005

Everyone was VERY nice & polite.

Reviewed August 29, 2005

My husband and I stayed over night for a weekend weeding. We had a newly renovated room and we loved it. The room was very clean and spacious. The ladies at the front desk were very informative and pleasant. The pool on the roof is very cool and we really enjoyed it!!! Overall, I would say our stay was excellent and I would highly recommend this hotel to my family and friends!

• Stayed August 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 20, 2005

The front desk staff at the Akron-Radisson was very rude and unhelpful to us upon check-in. Once we got to our room we were very disappointed. Our beds looked like they were sitting on the floor (literally, they were that low to the ground). There were also multiple stains on the mattresses and bedding. Hotel decor was below that of an average room. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Akron.

• Stayed July 2005
3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
#5 of 10 in Akron
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
Hilton Akron / Fairlawn
#1 of 5 in Fairlawn

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!