“Old and Tired Does not have to be Unclean”
Review of Rodeway Inn

Rodeway Inn
Ranked #11 of 11 Hotels in Akron
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Spent three nights there. The facility is older and it needs refubishing badly but just because it is older and in need of updating does not mean that it cannot be clean and guests not receive high quality service. Rooms needed major cleaning and desk service was unknowledgeable and the night guy was either sleepy or just didin't know wht he was doing as all our questions were referred to the next day. Watch your bill. Charges may be incomplete or doubled. You can do better. What does it say about the attention to detail when "restaurant" on the bill is misspelled (restaurasnt)?

Room Tip: Rooms in another location.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Roger C
There are newer reviews for Rodeway Inn

Reviewed July 21, 2012

If you have a conference in Akron and this is the suggested hotel, look for another. Here are some adjectives to describe the lobby, hallways and rooms: dirty, worn, stained. Our room had a peculiar smell. The lobby and hall had limited air conditioning. The employees were tired, harassed and unhappy. Part of that could be due to the severe understaffing in the hotel and the restaurant.

It will be worth your time to drive into downtown Akron each morning. Don't stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012
2  Thank WYSIWY
Reviewed June 25, 2012

This hotel was as bad as the reviews say. Vthe only reason I stayed here was because tHe weekend I stayed in Akron, there were no other rooms for a 40 mile radius. The carpets are filthy, the bed wasn't even completely made, the bathtub was old and beat up, and the TV is circa 1995. Although your computer or phone will detect wifi, every time I tried signing in, it would state that it had reached its maximum amount of users. I don't recall the last time I had to walk around a room in flip flops, and even the bathtub. Slap some new carpets in, change the lighting, update the atav's, and turn the A/C on.

The only positive was the restaurant. A good, decent breakfast.

Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank zapataii
Reviewed June 22, 2012

There is not enough space to write all the reasons not to stay here, but I will hit the "low" points:
Staff is unfriendly, disheveled, unprofessional and tatooed (sorry if that offends, but that is not appropriate in a service job)
No airconditioning in halls.
Small, outdated room that was surface cleaned (saw popcorn in the corner)
Had to sleep with ear plugs because the air conditioner sounded like a siren going by on the street all night long
Air conditioner not turned on in the room when I got there and it took several hours to cool down (like they didn't know I was coming?)
They call it a fitness center: one treadmill, one out-dated stair master, a couple of weight machines and the room was so hot that they had to have a fan in there to cool it down. Like you really want to work out when it is already hot.
I ordered room service and they got the order wrong. I put the tray outside my door at 7:30 PM that evening - it was still there the next morning at 7:30 AM when I left.
These people have not idea how to run a hotel and I predict it will be closed within a year.
I mistakenly paid attention to the reviews on Travelocity when I should have gone to Trip Advisor. I will be sure to check here before I book next time.

Room Tip: There are no good rooms.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Suzanne A
Reviewed June 13, 2012

The bed was comfy. The room seemed clean. Bathroom was tiny, towels had holes in them. The elevators were weird with having to use the room key to move from floor to floor. The waitress in the bistro was rude and weird. The front desk clerk seemed very annoyed and frustrated when we went to check in even though we were the only people in the lobby. The garage attendant was very nice though. I will not stay there again. Too expensive for what you get.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Stephanie60993
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Recently stayed for a family wedding. First, specifially asked to be near my brother & sister's room but they only managed to get my brother & I close. Second, there was a youth basketball tournament in town & kids are running up & down the halls. I had to call the front desk at MIDNIGHT (while trying to keep my four month old daughter from waking up) and they had to send security up twice & they had to threaten to call the cops. Did I get any kind of reduction on my room? Of course not. The only good thing was the location being two blocks from the venue.

Room Tip: The bed was new & comfortable. Didn't have time to try out the Jacuzzi tub - and had not as...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Laura W
Reviewed April 27, 2012

I stayed here recently for a conference, and I was extremely disappointed. The rooms are old and stained (just gross--stains on the carpet, on the furniture, everywhere), and the staff were not very helpful. The lobby is dark and dreary and not very welcoming. You need to use a key card to access your floor from the elevator, which is fine--but it only works on certain elevators, depending on which floor you need to get to. The pool and fitness center are on the top floor. When I got up to work out in the morning, my key card wouldn't work to let me up there. When I asked the front desk staff (after waiting in line for almost 20 min since there were so many other people with issues), they simply reprogrammed my card. I tried again and it still wouldn't work (by the way, there aren't stairs leading up to the 20th floor, which I would have happily taken by this point--they weren't connected to the part of the building I was in). I went back to the front desk and they suddenly realized that the floor needed to be unlocked! By the time they actually fixed the issue, I was almost completely out of time to work out before I needed to be at meetings.

I will say, the beds were new and comfortable. The location near my conference was good. But the staff didn't seem to know what they were doing and this hotel needs a lot of work...I would not return.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Emily A
Also consider these accommodations in or near Akron
Courtyard Akron Downtown
Hilton Garden Inn Akron
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#4 of 11 in Akron
Red Roof Inn Akron South
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Cuyahoga Falls
Fairfield Inn & Suites Akron Fairlawn

Been to Rodeway Inn? Share your experiences!