Econo Lodge
$156
$139
GardenInn.com
$60
Red Roof Inn Akron South(Akron)(Great Value!)
$49
$56
$49
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
All reviewsenjoyed my staybudget hotelsgolden corralphone numberhotel is in a great locationfree hot breakfastaffordable stayfront entranceaaa discounthot tubgreat customer servicean updatecomfortable roomsbehind the counterfront desk employeesplace to staystaff was very friendly
FilterAll languages
Reviewed August 6, 2013

The check-in process was very slow. We used an online booking site and they had no computer record of our reservation. The person behind the counter did not know the appropriate place to look and so we were left standing there. We did not know if she was going to wait on us or not. We inquired again and she said the manager would be there shortly. The manager showed up she said nothing to him so he did not know we were next in line. Really frustrating.

We ended up in a Jacuzzi room. The layout was really unusual. The bathroom is large. The bathroom wall between the bedroom and the bathroom was an opening with the shower curtain. Very nice change from the usual appearance. The TV was not a flat screen. The room had an older about it. In taking a shower in the morning the soap and shampoo from the prior customer was still there.

When we were leaving our room for the evening one of the housekeepers heard us talking about smoking. She asked if we wanted to smoking room and I said no. She said well if you do just put a towel across the bottom of the door to keep the smoke in your room.

We did not use the pool but we notice the were no chairs or tables in the pool area.

The breakfast area was small and quite messy. The two attendants working out to breakfast had a difficult time keeping things stocked. But we were there they ran out of forks, bananas, pancake mix, eggs, and rolls. There were not that many people eating breakfast so I think it was more negligence them being overly busy.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I will just say that if I didn't have to stay hear, I would have walked back out the door i came in through after the first step.It is dirty, musty, stains are everywhere, the breakfast stinks and I didn't unzip my bag the whole time I was there because I was afraid what might come home with me. There are plenty of other options and I recommend all of them before this place. I am not a hard person to please. I don't need 4 stars but I do need clean and I couldn't find it here.

Room Tip: Don't stay here.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Bmikel13
Jen M, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded July 16, 2013

I am very sorry to hear you had an unpleasant experience during your stay with us. I assure you I am addressing your concerns with our entire staff, including housekeeping and breakfast. It is our goal to ensure that everyone has a pleasant and enjoyable, home-away-from-home experience while staying with us. Our hotel is currently undergoing some changes and updates, and I do invite you to contact me next time you are coming to Akron, Ohio and give us another chance to show our true hospitality. Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback!.

Reviewed June 27, 2013

After staying at an amazing Comfort Inn during our travels, this one was kind of a let down. The beds were nice, and the room was clean, but the building is a bit run down throughout. It's set back in some trees, so it's a bit creepy with the parking lot in need of serious repair and everything over-growing. For a one night stay it was ok, but I doubt I'd enjoy staying for more than that.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 16, 2013

Everytime we stay at the Comfrot Inn on South Arlington St. we are very pleased. The service is great, the rooms clean and comfortable (King room) and the breakfast good. With the free breakfast the overall cost is very reasonable.

Room Tip: We had the King room and was very pleased
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Clean rooms, comfy beds, good breakfast and good price! I recommend it! A little hard to find entrance but turn like going to Walmart you can't miss it. Staff was very attentive and kept breakfast area very clean!

• Stayed: March 2013