Econo Lodge
$64
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $80/night.

$99
$84
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of $105/night.

$103
$93
Savings alert! 11% below average rates

The price you found is 11% lower than this hotel's average rate of $104/night.

$129
GardenInn.com
$109
$84
Courtyard
Savings alert! 26% below average rates

The price you found is 26% lower than this hotel's average rate of $113/night.

$59
EconoLodge
Red Roof Inn Akron South(Akron)(Great Value!)
$51
Courtyard Akron Downtown(Akron)
$149
$118
Priceline
Savings alert! 16% below average rates

The price you found is 16% lower than this hotel's average rate of $140/night.

Quality Inn Akron-Fairlawn(Akron)(Great Value!)
$70
$60
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 19% below average rates

The price you found is 19% lower than this hotel's average rate of $74/night.

$86
Country Inn
Savings alert! 32% below average rates

The price you found is 32% lower than this hotel's average rate of $127/night.

All reviewsenjoyed my staybudget hotelsgolden corralphone numberfree hot breakfastaffordable stayspecial thanksfront entrancehotel is in a great locationaaa discounthot tubgreat customer servicefair pricean updatecomfortable roomsbehind the counterfront desk employees
Reviewed August 22, 2012

I stayed here three days for work. My first impression when I drove up was negative. There are two plastic palm trees, each around 20 feet tall, and internally illuminated, on hand to greet guests. As I drove past the palm trees, there were some guys huddled around the hood of their truck, drinking beer.

I checked in with a friendly front desk person and went to my room. The smell in the carpeted stairwell was that of cigarette smoke and some kind of cleaner to hide the smoke smell. The hallway to my room had the same smell and the dark wood doors just makes the hallway that much drearier.

My room was kind of dark and dreary and had a couple of stains on the carpet. The sink had a crack in the bowl and the tub had some kind of water stains around the drain. The furniture was cheap and uncomfortable and just worn out.

The bed was nice, clean and fresh smelling, but hidden under this dark/drab maroon comforter.
In the morning, the housekeeping staff was very friendly and warmly greeted me as I left the room and the hotel.

I was scheduled to stay for a week, but bailed after two nights for a Hampton Inn. At this property, the friendly staff do a lot to make up for the shortcomings of the building!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank bkmarrs
Reviewed July 22, 2012

The first bad experience was navigating through the pot hole filled parking lot that was also poorly laid out for parking spaces. The second bad experience was the first room they put me in. The AC made a noise so loud I thought there was a semi truck in my room. The third bad experience was after my return home I found out they charged me for 2 rooms instead of one. When they switched me to the room with the quieter AC they still charged me for the original room plus the new room. I did get this straightened out but should not have had to.The fourth bad experience was when they moved me to a different room that had a quieter AC, it had a musty smell I noticed in the first room also but I finally got used to it. The fifth bad experience is the WiFi service. I travel for a major department of defense contractor and need the internet for work but was unable to maintain a connection for more than a minute or two. The sixth bad experience was the poorly maintained elevator. I have bad knees so I need to use the elevator but felt I was taking my life into my own hands when I used it. If you're traveling to the Akron, Ohio area, I'd highly advise you stay somewhere else!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank KEVIN S
Reviewed April 29, 2012

This is a reasonably priced hotel in an OK part of town with lots of restaurants nearby and good road access. I marked this poor but really it rates between poor and average. I stayed for business and can make a lukewarm recommendation for business. No real amenities here and not particularly nice staff, but they got the basics handled. Also, internet service is kind of tricky. read the instructions before trying to log on. it will save a lot of trouble. If this place is full the parking can be a problem, but otherwise parking is fine if a bit of a tight fit on the access paths to the back of the building.
Now for the bad news. Needs some work in terms of cleanliness. The stairwells had a distinct aroma and the carpet had some areas that needed work.
The 'key-only' access from the back did not work. That is, you could just walk in. Not good, but the front desk was right nearby the path in from the back.
Good size room and mostly comfortable. One of the outlets did not work so I had to extend a cord across the room. Needs more lamps or lighting in general -- I have found that to be the case for many of the Choice Hotels. That is, they need more light in the room. The 'work area' was off in a corner, no problem, but there was only one floor lamp and that did not shine much light on the desk. That is also where the non-working outlet was located. Don't book here if you have high cleanliness standards since the smell will put you off. It is, overall, a decent place, and with some work could be much better.

Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank figit
Reviewed April 16, 2012

The service here was not all that great. I did not like anything really about the hotel. The location was about it. Rooms were average. and its kind of small so good luck getting a smoking room (if its still offered) just save yourself the trouble and go to the quality inn and conference center down the road about 1/4 of a mile. Much better there.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank Eric K
Reviewed October 1, 2011

Seems like the reviews of this place are a little harsh or they've done some changing. Second floor king room was large, clean and comfy. Indoor jacuzzi was small and not as hot as I prefer, but a nice touch after a long, hard day. Only concern was that the hotel sits basically in the parking lot of shopping areas. Had no problems with security and there are cameras all over the parking lot. Nice lobby area and breakfast room. All in all, decent place to stay in Akron.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple