All reviews other guests favorite activity own horse beautiful horses entire stay kari hosts lodge accommodations goats horseback colt lodging kd
Selected filters
Reviewed July 12, 2016

I have been looking at visiting horse ranches since 2014. I decided to visit one close to home. KD Guest Ranch is an exceptional place! The accommodations are 5 star, the food is very appetizing and the Burkey family members are so caring, Kenzie too. The scenic trail rides explore the beautiful southern Ohio countryside. And Dave is right, team penning is really fun! Choosing this destination will not be a disappointment, for any age. Thanks for sharing your heavenly ranch <3 Cara

Room tip: The best of the outdoors!
Date of stay: July 2016
  • Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed July 2, 2016

My son enjoys horses so we decided to take a family vacation involving horse. After searching ranches, we found KD Guest Ranch close to home. We were not disappointed with our decision! Dave and Kari are great hosts and teachers. We felt like family here at the ranch. We ate delicious breakfasts, lunches, and dinners with the other guests and Dave and Kari and their family. Dave and Kari both made sure everyone understood everything they needed to to ride the horses and for team penning. Our cabin was very comfortable and our son loved his loft area! We had a campfire one night with smores. The kids ran around playing while the adults sat and visited and enjoyed their adult beverages. One afternoon we went to the pond and swam. We all enjoyed canoeing, paddle boating, and sliding right into the pond! We enjoyed all aspects of the ranch. We loved the peacefulness of the area. We will definitely be visiting again!

Room tip: They did an excellent job at placing our family in cabin that met our needs.
Date of stay: June 2016
1  Thank Kiddo2010
Reviewed June 28, 2016

my kids and I had such a wonderful experience at this well run and incredibly maintained dude ranch in ohio. Dave and Kari the owners are very friendly and accommodating. their combined knowledge and passion made this vacation very memorable with my kids asking to return on a monthly basis...lol we will be back no doubt especially how easy it is for us to get to Adamsville from Columbus. we highly recommend this ranch for all ages, the horses are well trained and a great place to gain horse riding experience

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed March 14, 2016

My son had recently taken an interest in team penning, roping and bull riding, so I treated him to a vacation at KD Guest Ranch in September 2015 for his H.S. graduation/birthday gift. We both loved this vacation! The food was delicious, the landscape and views were beautiful, the horses were great (loved Axle and Deisel) and Dave and Kari were awesome! Dave and my son seemed to hit it off really well, and I would LOVE to go back someday.

Beth C. (and "Girl Curl")

Room tip: Friendly staff, great food, beautiful landscape, cabin accommodations, pool
Date of stay: September 2015
Reviewed February 11, 2016 via mobile

I haven't gone anywhere in such a long time, but I new I really wanted to do something with horses. After looking up Horse Ranches, I was able to find one with the best prices, which also had everything included. I was worried about going by myself, but I needed time alone. I had a blast. " Dave & Keri" (owners) made me feel right at home, and everyone else was so nice. By the afternoon I felt like i was with family.
The horses were so well trained and very beautiful, the cabins were adorable and well maintained. Everyone was a round to help each other. I only stayed for a weekend but I definitely will be staying longer next time. I plan on going again in 2016, and staying a little longer. This will definitely be a yearly activity/vacation for just myself! I definitely give KD GUEST Ranch a 5 ☆.
And would give it more if I could.

Date of stay: September 2015