“Surprisingly good!”

Ranked #14 of 34 Restaurants in Avon
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed September 17, 2013

We usually are disappointed by chain restaurants in tourist towns, but Froggy Dog served us very well. 4 people, 4 different entrees, and everyone was very satisfied with their selections. We will be back! Good food, very fair prices.

Reviewed September 17, 2013

After our bad experience at another Avon establishment it was refreshing to walk into a place with energy, service, and great food. Even though the restaurant was busy we were immediately seated and served; throughout our meal our server was attentive - she did a great job. We both ordered the crab cake sandwich - it was grilled and not fried, meaty, perfectly cooked - it was great. Keep in mind that I'm from Maryland where producing a great crab cake can make or break a courtship, a marriage, a friendship - heck even an employment relationship. For sure in Maryland if a restaurant doesn't serve great crab cakes it probably won't be around for long. The Froggy Dog's crab cakes could easily make it in Baltimore or Annapolis and its service could make it anywhere.

Reviewed September 15, 2013

Looking at these reviews, I wondered if we ate at the same place! We were seated in just a few seconds. Ordered the conch fritters, which were fabulous. Fried to a golden perfection! I got the shrimp basket, as I wasn't too hungry after attacking the fritters. Had about 6 huge shrimp and a mountain of fries. All seasoned and fried to point perfect. The fries were, honestly, my favorite part. They were perfect. Crispy and hot. Yum! The shrimp was great as well! Hubby got fried grouper "bites" and they were really great, too!
Our server was a very sweet girl from Bulgaria. She took great care of us.
Again, glad I didn't read the reviews before going, because we'd have missed out on a great meal!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This yr while staying in Waves, I drove down 2 times JUST for the coconut bomb cake! It is an awesome dessert, especially after a hot day at the beach! I will be back again next June for more

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Stopped in mylastnite on the island, place was pretty empty for an August evening. Sat at the bar and had mixed seafood and a glass of wine. Good service and fast.....of course service is easy with only four people to take care of. Food was good and tasty......whole thing was pretty much what I wanted.....