“Save your money” 1 of 5 bubbles

The Froggy Dog
Ranked #17 of 33 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
“Save your money”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013 via mobile

My wife and two daughters were looking for lunch and decided to stop in. The lunch hour was advertised at 11:30, and they served breakfast prior. When we approached the door, at 11:35, the hostess came out and said, "Are you here for lunch?" When we told her, yes, she stated, "You will need to wait outside because we're not ready yet." This should have been my sign to leave, but there were other people waiting, so I left it go.
When we got to our table, 10 minutes later, we were greeted by a waitress that said, "Sooo, what do ya want?"
My wife politely asked, "Are you taking our drink order?"
She replied "Uh huh."
From here let me make it short.
We ordered an appetizer, two kids chicken finger baskets, a crab cake sandwich and a chicken sandwich. It all came out at once, and nobody ate it. The food was horrible; I wouldn't feed it to my wife's dog (and I don't like that dog). The waitress stood beside me while I filled out the check/tip line. $65 later, we left hungry. Fortunately, we saw a family just like ours heading in while we were leaving, and my wife (whom is normally very quiet) gave them warning. They took the advice and pulled out of the parking lot behind us.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

To be honest had reservations about going here for dinner due to the reviews but will admit to being very pleasantly surprised! This was a family dinner - 5 adults and 2 children - one being a little out of sorts due to vacation ending. We did not want to be at dinner long so arrived early - between 5 and 5:15.
We were seated and ordered drinks which were delivered quickly.
3 of our group had a food allergy (gluten) so there were quite a few quesitons about how food was prepared. Our waitress was patient and checked with the kitchen on several items before we could order. The out of sorts child finally decided on just mashed potatoes, and since 1 adult ordered only 1 side this order was filled with the second, unorderd side.
The food was brought out in a reasonable time especically given the menu note that everything is cooked to order and was delicious! Everything was cooked well and very flavorful - the mashed potatoes were a huge hit!
Overall a great experience and we will definitely go back if we visit OBX in the future.

• 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
“Bad enough to get me to write my first review..”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

When we walked in the atmosphere seemed inviting. It was 4th of July and we had to wait about 30 min which we expected due to the proximity to the fireworks. When we were seated it took about 10 min for someone to take our drink orders. By this time we were ready to order and ordered an appetizer and 3 meals. And drinks. I ordered the shrimp and crab meat and asked if it was fried. The waitress said she didn't know and I was the first person to ever order it. She finally said she would ask after telling her I didn't want anything fried. About 20 min later she brought our appy which was as the menu described prince Edward mussels in a broth with a crusty baguette. There were about 10 mussels, no extra broth and no bread. And still no drinks! When she finally brought our drinks we asked about the bread and the broth and she said all the time she had been serving mussels she never knew it came with bread. She said they had dinner rolls but no baguette. We told her we ordered it b/c of the bread. She said she would go check. While she was gone we heard another waitress reading specials to the table next to us. We were never informed of specials. Our waitress came back with a small bread plate with 5 small round pieces of French bread. Still no broth. We asked for the manager. He apologized and said he would get it done right. 20 min later we got the same small bowl of mussels back with some water added to the broth and 2 small round pieces of bread on the side of the bowl. They took back the 5 pieces and brought it back with 2! Manager never came back to check.. We asked for more and our waitress said she asked in the kitchen but they were too busy!!! We were now sitting with a bowl of broth. We told her we were not paying for the mussels. She also now decided to tell me that she found out my dinner was not fried and did I want her to put the order in! It was now almost an hour since we sat down and my daughter was starving and we had to get to the fireworks. I had asked when we first ordered if they could bring the kids meal out first and she said it would be ready with our food. Really??? It was chicken fingers. Our food finally came and it was decent, but I got about 3 forkfuls of crabmeat. So little that when she first brought it out she started to take it back because she thought they forgot the crabmeat! We tried to talk to the manager on the way out but he was sitting at the bar and we just left.. Absolutely horrible! We should have walked out and would have if we didn't need to get to the fireworks. I saw other tables getting super slow service as well.

1 Thank Stellaeats
Louisville, Kentucky
“Breakfast satisfied hunger”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

Average. The place is kid friendly. Has a separate play area for kids while they wait for food. We had breakfast and it was OK and nothing special. My food was a little off temperature and eggs over cooked. Most everyone though said their food was satisfactory. Kids ate well and they have a great kids menu. We've eaten here before on previous trips and I would rate it a little lower than usual. Might just be a one-off.

• Visited June 2013
Indianapolis, Indiana
“We won't be back”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

We found absolutely nothing memorable about this place. Food was "meh". Service was Ok - about what you'd expect at a McDonald's. We ate here at dinner time on our way north after visiting Ocracoke. The lunch menu sounded ok - but they won't serve items off the lunch menu at dinner. It served the purpose of feeding us. The kids got enough in their bellies to put them to sleep for the rest of the drive to KDH - but next time we'll go someplace else. I saw a party of like 8 or 9 sit down in the same room as us and they never got served. After 10 minutes of trying to flag down the wait staff, they left. Very unimpressed with this place.

• Visited June 2013