“Standard Chinese”

China Town
Ranked #23 of 34 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed August 2, 2014

Looks and tastes like 90% of the Chinese Restaurants that I have ever eaten in, especially in small towns and near beaches. If you go to your local Chinese restaurant, wherever you live, and pick up a paper place-mat menu, you'll know exactly what China Town is.

Reviewed July 23, 2014

The food wasn't good, and where does the water come from? Toilet maybe? Prices were not in line for the taste of either.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

we choose the buffet,,but found it to be on the empty side and only a few fresh items were put out to replace the empty pans while we were there ,,it was the last hour but I feel if your serving a buffet regardless of time you need to keep it full..price was fair food was average

Reviewed June 11, 2014 via mobile

Very pleasantly surprised at how good this food was! Highly recommend! Very friendly service as well and quick in the kitchen.

1  Thank Rick M
Reviewed December 3, 2013

This was by far the worse Chines food I have ever had. To begin with I was buying lunch for my family and my credit card wouldn't go thru. After three attempts I was worried there was a problem with my card so I had to pay cash. While the food was being prepared I called the Visa and they said there was no problem with my card and it must be the restaurant. I told the cashier what I found out and she argued with me and said it was a problem on my end, I think it was a scam on their part.

My brother-in-law and I ordered the spicy Hunan Beef and my sister order a spicy shrimp dish. When our food arrived in a Styrofoam container and we were dining in, there was only three small pieces of beef and probably a pound of dry fried rice and very few vegetables. Plus it wasn't spicy at all. My sister's order had 5 small shrimp and a pound of the same dry rice. Both my sister and brother-in-law agreed that the food was bad.

I ate the few pieces of beef, took a couple of bites of the rice and ended up throwing it all away.

I love Chinese food but I can't say one good thing about this meal. Plus the girls taking the orders were more interested in being on their I-Phones than helping customer.

It's a shame because it is the only Chinese restaurant in this part of the Outer Banks. Next time I will go across the street to the Food Lion grocery and buy some frozen Chinese and make my own.