“Very good food and atmosphere but service was okay.”
Review of Open Water Grill

Open Water Grill
Ranked #11 of 33 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Seafood, American, Bar
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids, Scenic view
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: The doors are open for the 2016 season! Come on in and check out our totally revamped menu with a fresh new look for Hatteras Island. With unique options and great view Open Water Grill is sure to be a dining destination you wont want to miss. Located at MP 54 at the northern end of Avon. Come see the view for yourself!
Sandusky, Ohio
“Very good food and atmosphere but service was okay.”
Reviewed April 3, 2013

The open water grill is a very neat place we just went for appetizer but the food we got was amazing we got the potato skins. They even had cream soda!The service was okay.

• Visited March 2013

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Food, Family Friendly”
Reviewed March 29, 2013 via mobile

We live in the area, and are always looking for good food on Hatteras. When family came to visit we decided to take them, because we had always had good food when we went, and our family was not disappointed. Good food and friendly staff! The tables were large enough to seat a big group, and everything was served fresh and hot. We will definitely bring family back, as well as go a couple of times on our own!

1 Thank BlankenshipJoA
Chicago
“Super service, great fresh food”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

We happened on OWG while driving through Avon on a cloudy day, searching for some seafood and a relaxing experience with good food. Our server, Katie, was friendly, attentive, and helpful. The owner, Evan, came to our table to let us know fresh fish choices, and was great. The food was delicious. I recommend the seafood sampler appetizer, with the best fried catfish I've had in a long while. The breading was light and fresh. The seafood boil was great and simple. And, the homemade chocolate cake was HUGE and delicious. We had a great time, and felt right at home.

• Visited March 2013
3 Thank coodayta
OpenWaterGrill, Public Relations Manager at Open Water Grill, responded to this review, March 28, 2013
We are delighted that you enjoyed your dining experience! Please be sure to come back and see us the next time you are in town. We are always adding new scrumptious specials in addition to our fully-loaded menu.
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Outstanding! Like home . . .”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

Upon walking in I was taken back by how friendly everyone was. I my fiance and I literally felt like Norm at cheers.
We got a couple of beers and killed (literally) a plate of their amazing potato skins (they had chicken and bbq on them) to die for!

I had a blackened Mahi which was cooked to perfection! My fiance had the Black and Blue Burger, so good and so tasty I would have regretted not getting it my self if mine was so good.

Owner operator stopped by and said hello which for me was unprecedented. He was a funny jolly guy and made us feel right at home.

We finished with a proverbial CHOCOLATE BOMB wow, the ugliest chocolate cake was everything but!

Cant wait to visit again... thanks again Open Water Grill!

• Visited August 2012
2 Thank Matthew K
“Love this place!”
Reviewed March 24, 2013

I just loved OWG. It's on the sound and the view was great. The staff was very friendly and helpful. I had the crab and shrimp boil. It was delicious. The drinks were big and very tasty. I have recommended OWG to all my friends that vacation in Obx.

2 Thank Jcatunion