“Super Seafood served sassy”

Ketch 55 Seafood Grill
Ranked #9 of 33 Restaurants in Avon
Cuisines: Diner, Mediterranean
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night
Louisville, Kentucky
“Super Seafood served sassy”
Reviewed July 5, 2013

This was our best meal in OBX this time. The food was both traditional and not so much... The tuna was served as ordered and the Asian crab cakes were excellent. Tried some oysters and some calamari for appetizers and both were delicious. The calamari was lightly breaded and fried to perfection! Oysters were fresh and chilled on the half shell. It also has a great kids menu and our 3 and 7 year old children found good food too Chicken and hot dogs but had other items too..

New York City, New York
“Solid seafood options, below average service”
Reviewed July 2, 2013

Dined at Ketch 55 tonight and had a fair experience. It was my second time there this week but don't know if I would return after tonight. Ordered the fresh catch tuna which was quite good. It comes with orzo and grilled zucchini and squash; I asked them to hold the orzo and to get a few more veggies instead... my plate came out with 3 small pieces of zucchini. I also ordered a fairly pricey beer, which did not taste very good - I asked the waiter if he could change it for me, and he said yes, but he would charge me for the new beer. I understand this is at the waiter's discretion, but it was poor customer service, particularly when our entrees were <$25. Place is pretty loud as well, but that seems common in beach towns. Overall, food was very decent but service and atmosphere could be improved, especially given the price of the food.

• Visited July 2013
York, Pennsylvania, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Excellent”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

Great meal from appetizers to main course. Calamari is some of the best I've ever had. A few jalapenos and mandarin oranges were a pleasant addition. House salad was fresh and delicious. Snow crab legs were awesome. Waiters were very friendly and accomadating. A little bit noisy but that is not a complaint, it is a beach town. Everyone else at our table was very happy with their food. Compliments to the chef!

1 Thank Dave M
Rochester, NY
“Good Food Long Wait”
Reviewed June 25, 2013

We expected a diner style restaurant and were surprised by the pleasant atmosphere. The staff seemed a little overwhelmed by the number of patrons. We waited a while to be seated despite empty tables being available. The same happened for a waiter to take our order. Afterwards the service improved. The food was excellent. My daughter's fried seafood was a little overcooked, but everyone else had great meals. I particularly liked my shrimp with grits. I think the price was high, but I understand that this is a small town in a beach community.

Georgia
“Wow”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had the Chicken Roulade and it was out of this world! I thought it was a little pricey but hey you're at the beach and they obviously had a wonderful chef so splurge a little and check it out!

Visited June 2013